Finally got to see and drive a 4C - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 05-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Finally got to see and drive a 4C

So the SA blokes went to Italy for the factory tour and track experience. What an amazing time we had.. Got to meet CPE and have numerous drinks with him...

The 4C is stunning in the flesh. It sounds incredible and goes like stink.

Driving a 4C for the 1st time was pretty nerve wrecking. First time inside the car. Its a LHD. Its at a race track in Italy and you have an Italian instructor next to you...

I was faster in a GQV than my 2nd time out in the 4C. Driven 80 000kms in a Giulietta so was comfortable throwing it around more.

Below a split screen vid of the GQV and 4C lap in question:
Alfa Romeo 4C vs Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

RSK

Looks good and sounds like a great trip.

Does this come with all 4C purchases or is it an LE thing only ?

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com App[/color]

(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 06-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
The track experience is a LE thing only. But I suggested to Alfa they should offer this as an 'optional extra'. It really was an awesome experience and I would suggest that everyone that has the chance to go there should go.

The track event was run with military precision. They knew exactly who needed to be driving what car by when.
AO Member

County: Milano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perreby_83 View Post
The track experience is a LE thing only. But I suggested to Alfa they should offer this as an 'optional extra'. It really was an awesome experience and I would suggest that everyone that has the chance to go there should go.

The track event was run with military precision. They knew exactly who needed to be driving what car by when.
Why should it be an optional extra? Landrover give an experience half day package to every buyer, you get your self there and drive one of their pre prod cars, which I presume is what Alfa is doing.
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 07-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambrate FS View Post
Why should it be an optional extra? Landrover give an experience half day package to every buyer, you get your self there and drive one of their pre prod cars, which I presume is what Alfa is doing.
Well its currently only given to 4C LE buyers.

Now if you as a SE buyer want a tour thru the factory, Eat great food, drink awesome wine and drive around a race track in a 4C with knowledgeable instructors giving you tips and advise you cant get it as its not provided to SE buyers.

If it was added as an 'optional extra' the opportunity is there for someone who is buying an SE car to experience it. If you dont want to pay for it then you dont and you dont get to experience it. Simple. But at least it is then available should someone want it.

Because at it stands now only LE buyers will get the opportunity. And I can understand why Alfa does not offer this to all 4C buyers. Providing this experience must cost them a pretty penny if you consider the food, wine, accommodation, using the services of the guys at Varano etc..
CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perreby_83 View Post
Well its currently only given to 4C LE buyers.

Now if you as a SE buyer want a tour thru the factory, Eat great food, drink awesome wine and drive around a race track in a 4C with knowledgeable instructors giving you tips and advise you cant get it as its not provided to SE buyers.

If it was added as an 'optional extra' the opportunity is there for someone who is buying an SE car to experience it. If you dont want to pay for it then you dont and you dont get to experience it. Simple. But at least it is then available should someone want it.

Because at it stands now only LE buyers will get the opportunity. And I can understand why Alfa does not offer this to all 4C buyers. Providing this experience must cost them a pretty penny if you consider the food, wine, accommodation, using the services of the guys at Varano etc..

I agree completely that it should be offered to all 4C buyers at least as an option. It was a terrific opportunity to experience it, and would highly recommend it to anyone who gets the chance to sample it.
The 4C won't make them any money as it is due to the limited turnout of production, so I can also see why it was an LE only offering. Maybe the importers in each country could offer something home country based as an alternative to the Italian trip.
RSK

I can see why it's not dished out to all customers as it's clearly not cheap and as it stands goes someway to justify the faith shown by those prepared to commit to the LE and the premium it commands.

IMO this kind of thing is the best marketing/retention tool any premium or in Alfa's current situation aspiring premium, brand owner can do. I reckon in time AR may well offer such a thing as a paid option, Audi, BMW, Mercedes all offer factory collection and their performance arms as well as the exotics all have a range of training, hospitality, track experiences etc readily available. Having done various of these things with both AMG and Land Rover I'm a big fan and mighty envious of the OP and his colleagues !

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com App[/color]

County: -

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

If I am understanding right, the driving experience, factory visit, food and lodging were for free? what about Flight to Italy, was include in this package or not?
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa

No flight to Italy is not included , great experience , perfect
Stef LE 288

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
drive , finally

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page