LE questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 20-05-14 Thread Starter

County: Utah

Member car:

Dodge Magnum

LE questions

Ok,once these LE models are built then AR going to produce a non Launch Edition (model) with less extra add ons?If so then that would mean the price could drop for an standard model?

Who builds the six speed transmission?

I wonder if the 9 speed ZF Fiat/Chrysler uses in some models could be adapted,I understand the new 9 speed weights 30 lbs less than the old 6 speed.I believe the 9 speed improves time to acceleration times over the old 6 speed box.

Waiting to see the 4C in person,would be nice for us in America know just which dealers are getting the 4C

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
LE and non-LE have same engine /transmission package. All come with TCT. To introduce a manual would require major engineering: there is currently no mechanical linkage to the cabin from the engine. In Europe LE gives special paint, sports package (wheels/tyres, exhaust, suspension), leather, carbon lights and some carbon trim and comes at about 13% premium
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatspur View Post
LE and non-LE have same engine /transmission package. All come with TCT. To introduce a manual would require major engineering: there is currently no mechanical linkage to the cabin from the engine. In Europe LE gives special paint, sports package (wheels/tyres, exhaust, suspension), leather, carbon lights and some carbon trim and comes at about 13% premium
I believe Gary is talking about Automatic transmissions ! as he is based in the US that is likely. FCA have started using the new 9 speed auto in their cars.

So to answer Gary's questions... the 6 speed box is built by Alfa (FIAT) its a twin clutch manual box with auto shifting. Similar but better that VW groups DGT gearbox. Its unlikely (never likely) to get the 9 speed auto box (which is a ZF transmission system) as I reckon this will be much heavier. Not really suitable for a carbon fibre (fiber) two seater mid-engine sports car.
(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 21-05-14 Thread Starter

County: Utah

Member car:

Dodge Magnum

I'd prefer a manual transmission unlike most America's and the only reason my current car has an auto trans is there was no other option for the Dodge Magnum.

I learned how to drive with a stick in 1966 in a Chevy Nova wagon and the Magnum is my first vehicle that was non stick.

I have no idea if the 9 speed box is as compact as Fiat's TCT,just have read that the 9 speed box Fiat is now using on some cars is 13.6 kilo's less in weight than the older 6 speed box......not that there is any relationship to the 4c 6 sped and the 6 speed used in other cars now getting the 9 speed.

Not that I think there is any thing wrong with the TCT trans the 4c is using,

Thanks for the replies

Gary
CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergary View Post
I'd prefer a manual transmission unlike most America's and the only reason my current car has an auto trans is there was no other option for the Dodge Magnum.

I learned how to drive with a stick in 1966 in a Chevy Nova wagon and the Magnum is my first vehicle that was non stick.

I have no idea if the 9 speed box is as compact as Fiat's TCT,just have read that the 9 speed box Fiat is now using on some cars is 13.6 kilo's less in weight than the older 6 speed box......not that there is any relationship to the 4c 6 sped and the 6 speed used in other cars now getting the 9 speed.

Not that I think there is any thing wrong with the TCT trans the 4c is using,

Thanks for the replies

Gary

Hi Gary, you have an email with info.

Cheers
CPE
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1750 Turbo

9 Speed ? never heard of that. Even F1 only has 7 speed.

County: -

Member car:

Giulia

New 9 speed autobox by ZF, available in the Range Rover Evoque and apparently some Chryslers. Not engineered for performance but fuel economy.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
questions

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page