For those of you getting a 4C with bug eye headlights...... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

GTA_Nigel

For those of you getting a 4C with bug eye headlights......

I think they look absolutely superb!!!! Saw a couple fo 4Cs close up in the flesh yesterday at Brooklands and I think the "spiders eye" headlights with the carbon surrounds looked fantastic. Really suit the modern character of the car for me. Ignore the naysayers, I'd choose those myself if I were getting one. And if all my money wasn't going into a 1750 GTV restoration, I would be sorely tempted after seeing it close up.

The 4C is a cracking car, looked fantastic close up. OK there may be a few areas where the materials aren't top notch but who cares. The character, look and presence of the car is awesome. Best Alfa for a long time. You will love your cars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Agree with you there. I thought that it looked much nicer than I expected. LED lights didn't look like a cheap afterthought. My first glimpse of it "in the flesh" was driving into Brooklands and seeing it squatting at the end of the ramp, as if ready to pounce. Glad that I got a chance to try it on for size. Luckily it fits me nicely. Seeing it and its bigger brother 8C make their way to the track was a nice sight. Lucky people who have one on the way will not be disappointed.

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Agree with you there. I thought that it looked much nicer than I expected. LED lights didn't look like a cheap afterthought. My first glimpse of it "in the flesh" was driving into Brooklands and seeing it squatting at the end of the ramp, as if ready to pounce. Glad that I got a chance to try it on for size. Luckily it fits me nicely. Seeing it and its bigger brother 8C make their way to the track was a nice sight. Lucky people who have one on the way will not be disappointed.

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
I'm also inclined to agree, and especially pleased as this is the first time I've seen a 4C in the metal (or is it composit!), which is lucky as I have one on the way! However, I don't think they would look quite so good without the carbon surround. Also chuffed that it is quite easy to get in and out (can only assume those that have found it difficult are used to driving Range Rovers) and also a comfortable fit at the wheel, although I would have liked the seat a tad lower. Hopefully there is further adjustment. Also really pleased I've chosen Alfa Red but that will upset those that are pleased they've chosen the white! My theory is, the more mature driver is likely to go for red and the more youthful, will go for white.
AO Member

County: Texas

Member car:

I guess the US will get different headlights. I bet a lot of people will want (if possible) to swap out the lights in either direction. I wonder what they look like coming at you in the dark-should be cool!
GTA_Nigel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullers View Post
I'm also inclined to agree, and especially pleased as this is the first time I've seen a 4C in the metal (or is it composit!), which is lucky as I have one on the way! However, I don't think they would look quite so good without the carbon surround. Also chuffed that it is quite easy to get in and out (can only assume those that have found it difficult are used to driving Range Rovers) and also a comfortable fit at the wheel, although I would have liked the seat a tad lower. Hopefully there is further adjustment. Also really pleased I've chosen Alfa Red but that will upset those that are pleased they've chosen the white! My theory is, the more mature driver is likely to go for red and the more youthful, will go for white.
Agree, I think the carbon makes it. Glad you liked the car, especially as you hjave one on order! I'd seen the concept in the flesh but this was my first time close to the real thing and I was very impressed.

AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
I agree that the first production lamps look great and I consider them to be the originals . They have been criticised by people based on pictures but in real life where you realise their size they look purposeful and I only regret Alfa losing their nerve and pandering to the whims of the critics. The replacements look so ordinary and fail to get near the appearance of the showcar lamps so Alfa should have stuck with the carbon "original" clusters.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Sat in the RHD car on the weekend. Love it. Want it. But having see both headlight units in the flesh, I do marginally prefer the ones debuted in Geneva on the Spider this year.
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
The headlights on the Brooklands cars seemed fine and quite fitting with the design. The red Italian 4C looked great, the white UK car also looked good but I noticed that upon close inspection that there were several clear plastic stone chip guards, the front bumper was entirely covered in clear film. This is brilliant as I'm sure you will all agree, on every car other than a white one. I think it would be prudent for anyone ordering a white 4C to immediately buy a spare set of stick-on protectors. Owners of a white Brera Spider will know that after a short while these soon turn to a 'nicotine yellow' and then look unsightly.
I thought that the event was well attended and I'm now looking forward to the 50 year celebrations.
AO Silver Member

Do the lights work?

All the talk over months has been what the different lights look like.
That's important on such a beautiful car, but functionality matters as much to me.
I've been toying with ordering a 4C for months, but as soon as I saw the Spider version at Geneva I knew that's the one I'd go for if at all.
If I had a 4C I'd want to drive it at night on country roads. (The optional Xenon lights in my GTA have a huge benefit there). And I'd want to drive in continental Europe quite often. Reading the user guide the LED headlights can't be adjusted for driving on the 'wrong' side of the road. So they aren't an option for me.
I've not seen any reports of how well the 4C lights work. Has anyone else read anything relevant? Andy
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
As far as I'm aware , the 4C uses Hella bi-LED modules which have a different part no for Rhd and lhd , whereas the std led projector lists the same part for both drive hands ;
http://www.hella.com/MicroSite/soe/s...Premium_GB.pdf

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
bug , eye , headlights

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page