Anyone else having poor service from uk dealers ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 45 Old 23-02-14 Thread Starter
DJW

County: -
Cry Like A Baby Anyone else having poor service from uk dealers ?

First off, love the 4C. It is stunning.

So about 3 months ago I contacted my local Alfa dealer in Cheltenham to discuss lead times on 4C etc. I explained I had the funds to buy one and wanted to understand lead times. Young salesman seemed excited by the car and said he would get relevant in out to me the next week.

Nothing.

Fast forward a month, I try again.

Nothing.

Fast forward to last weekend, and whilst in cheltenham I pop into the alfa dealer. I'm introduced by the young salesman to what I assume is the manager, where I explain I have twice contacted them for details on lead items etc, with not response. I get an apology and promise that I get a response by the Monday.

Nothing

This is on top of no information from registering on the alfa main site for 4c info.

To top it all, I thought I would complain from main alfa romeo uk website, but find the contact us page will not load.

This weekend I bought a. Lotus Evora S as I'm fed up having to chase Alfa to spend my hard earned money on a car I really want. Shame

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

twauster

I don't think "really want" means what you think it means, unless what you really wanted was to spend money on a(ny) sports car.

Other than that, lead times for the 4C are very long right now, as evident from a number of threads here. The lack of answers (any answer!) from your local dealer is nevertheless inexcusable.

Enjoy your Evora

(Post Link) post #3 of 45 Old 24-02-14 Thread Starter
DJW

No problem with long lead times and was happy to put deposit down accordingly.

The dealer situation is doing the Alfa brand no favours though. Same with the corporate 4C website where I registered months ago for additional information, but have received none.

I would have thought Alfa would love to pull in new people to their brand, but currently are going about it the wrong way.

Ref "really want" , I'm your typical petrol head who loves cars. I have a list of cars I want to own and experience, so change cars every 6-12 months accordingly. An expensive hobby, but hey you can't take your money with you. The 4C had joined that list, but the above experience has somewhat soured the start of that journey.

Fingers crossed it improves.

Dave
AO Member

Member car:

elise

Phone through a few dealers, the ones who sell a few MiTos are not really going to have a clue, say what part of the country you are in for better advice (I live in Bedfordshire, have a 4c on order in Manchester)
(Post Link) post #5 of 45 Old 24-02-14 Thread Starter
DJW

Good point. Cheltenham is closest, but will try a a few others, although obviously missed the boat for the early ones .

What's the official line with size of deposits being taken ?
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

C30

It's Normal from an Alfa dealer.. they believe like some of the people on this forum that the product should sell itself.

Yes BUT the rows I had with the dealer with my last one which was awful... Resolved by walking in throwing the keys at them and saying take it back... In a FULL dealership at the weekend.. suddenly they changed and fixed everything...
(Post Link) post #7 of 45 Old 24-02-14 Thread Starter
DJW

Now that made me smile. Can imagine the reaction of potential buyers in the showroom. Good on ya
AO Member

County: Flintshire
Same issue, I have spent nearly 50k on Alfas in the last 3 years and I get no more information than you.
Zilch.
The registration site from 3 years or so back, well I cant remember how many times I enrolled for info
Zilch
Dealerships
Zilch
The person in the dealership responsible for all things 4C who promised me to let me have any details she had
Zilch
3 years
Zilch
AO Silver Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Mito 1.4 16v.

Dealerships are basically useless. Contacted two myself; not very helpful.

On the other hand, Lotus are supposed to have mended their quality issues. You will love your Evora S, I'm sure. I think they're magnificent cars.
Coniglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERINO View Post
Same issue, I have spent nearly 50k on Alfas in the last 3 years and I get no more information than you.
Zilch.
The registration site from 3 years or so back, well I cant remember how many times I enrolled for info
Zilch
Dealerships
Zilch
The person in the dealership responsible for all things 4C who promised me to let me have any details she had
Zilch
3 years
Zilch
Does not seem to be UK typical really. More like typical of big dealerships.

Registration : exactly same here. This is just a hole in the ground I think.
Reminds me of "Lost"

Previous dealer told me when asking for a rebate : "why would I, you are an Alfa nut, you will buy Alfa anyway". It which point I stood up and drove to the VW dealer and bought a Golf diesel.
Which did not work out for me that well, but that's another story

Next dealer sold me a 2 Alfas after that. Asked when they could let me know more about the 4C.
They responded : "he will be in Geneva, you can go there". Which sounded very much like "***** off you can't afford that car".
I then found out some months later via an Alfa forum they had had "an exclusive pre-launch" with a 4C in their showroom, without inviting me, of course.

I got so fed up I drove over to the small Alfa dealer nearby, told them : "I want to buy a 4C. All I need to know is it is delivered in 2014". We signed the agreement, I did not have to pay anything and I have been treated like a good friend ever since.

AO Member

I tried Alfa Romeo UK customer service
Zilch
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Contact Paul Jones at Chris Variava in Nottingham.
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
I mentioned this in another thread, Alfa a company on the verge of bankruptcy not realising that if they treat potential customers with contempt that these customers are spoilt for choice with other brands.

As i said before Alfa need to take their head out of their butt and start treating customers with respect. Don't start me on their vetting nonsense for the 4c either.
AO Member

The problem that they don't seem to recognise is the distance you have to travel to find a dealer, up to a 4 hour round trip to get zilch.

Surely there must have been an email or two by now which they could of forwarded on?

Think I will wait for the Spider, there is a Mazda garage near me.
(Post Link) post #15 of 45 Old 24-02-14 Thread Starter
DJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
Don't start me on their vetting nonsense for the 4c either.
They mentioned something about this in the dealer , to which I struggled not to ask if they were taking ******. It's not a la ferrari for Christ sakes
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
I think the problem is that they honestly don't know, if Italy doesn't tell them anything they have nothing to say.
AO Silver Member

County: Herefordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
I think the problem is that they honestly don't know, if Italy doesn't tell them anything they have nothing to say.
Probably is this. They don't have/can't get the info, and admitting this to the customer makes them look stupid, so they sit on the request, then forget, then hey presto - another lost potential customer, and another nail in the brand coffin.

Pathetic all round.
daveb257

As much as I've resisted posting all day,
Someone care to explain to me what the "vetting" is & why it's so offensive ?

AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
I went all the way to Geneva to see the launch , kind of expected I'd be allowed to sit in a 4C But despite showing my Giulietta key , the answer was no. Not that I'm in the market for one.
AO Member

County: Staffordshire

Member car:

Giuletta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Contact Paul Jones at Chris Variava in Nottingham.
Chris Variava Ltd Will Take 1000 Deposit for 2015 Build Slot and a Further 4000 When the Order is confirmed with the Factory.

The customers that want to wait to see there car. There Launch Car is due in April and will having a Open weekend with All the East Midland Owner Club being send invite as soon as the car land Date may change subject to the car landing. The Alfas Team at Variava are All Alfa Nut's and support the owner club with Sponsorship and meeting.

Or if you just want to chat. e-mail [email protected] or call 01158553060

They will tell you truth evan if it is not want you want to her.
AO Silver Member

I can't believe they would truly vett anyone. It's the same with Ferrari, they look you up and down and then say no, you open your cheque book and they ask 'where you'd like your car delivered'. Sadly a load of mumbo jumbo made up by some suit in Italy who works in marketing and will never have to go face to face with a prospective client. I've had it before when the X5 first came out. I was laughed at in the (you can't afford that with your stubble, just got out of bed look) way but when I pointed at the one on the spinning platform in the dealership and when I put my card in their reader I picked it up three days later. The same with a TVR Griffith when I was young (and they were new) so just persevere, if you want one bad enough it will arrive but just soften your stance with Alfa UK because they truly probably know nothing!!
AO Platinum Member

There is a sales technique of challenging the customer with a " can you afford it ?" attitude !
Every car sales person has to start by validating the customer with a how are you going to pay type question . Some are better at fitting it into conversation though.
AO Silver Member

County: Herefordshire
I can't imagine they are so rushed off their feet that they can't give every possible potential client a gold star treatment.

In my business I am always surprised. The least likely looking clients sometimes end up being the best customers you could ever wish for.

I can understand RR/Bentley/Aston etc having a very subtle vetting procedure, but surely not for a 40k car???????!!
AO Member

There should be no vetting procedure for any brand, full stop.
There are too many people on this planet already who look down on others and when you scratch below the thin layered surface, your generally talking to someone who knows nowt and look a little further, have nowt, just pretence.
Unfortunately there are stories of people on this forum who have lost there order slot to one more suitable, which is shocking.
Where were these buyers when Alfa's were **** and rusting on your driveway?
The days when dealers would even re position your pedal box for you, because the factory thought we all had long legs and short arms!
daveb257

Why is it so difficult to understand?
There isn't a vetting procedure in the sense anyone is talking about,

Alfa are wanting to check 4C customers are real people as opposed to brokers/speculators/dealers looking to make a few quid and stop a genuine customer getting a car

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
dealers , poor , service

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page