4C chassis number - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 18-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

4C chassis number

I am trying to find out how Alfa Romeo are getting on with there 4c production, to do this I need a 4c chassis number, it starts ZAR......... can anyone help, it should be in the windscreen or on the log book
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Torino

Member car:

MiTo, 8C Spider

4C chassis numbers are ZAR9600000M******, except for US-market vehicles which are ZARBAAA4**M******.

The 4Cs at the last Geneva motor show, for example, were 70765, 70766, 70767, 70768.

However, you won't be able to know how many 4Cs have been made by looking at the chassis number of one, because every car made at the Maserati plant in Modena follows a single numbering sequence, regardless of the model. Which means that the first 4C they built wasn't chassis number 1, it was whatever the progressive collective number of cars made at the Modena plant was at that moment.

Also, because of that, you will have one or more consecutive 4C chassis numbers, then one or more Maseratis, then more 4Cs, and so on. So they're not even necessarily contiguous, and you won't be able to guess how many were made by looking at two 4C chassis numbers produced a few months apart, because you don't know how many Maseratis were made at the same time.

Last edited by MacGeek; 18-12-13 at 14:19.
(Post Link) post #3 of 13 Old 18-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

That is not the usual way Alfa do it, I assume this is a maserati thing, however the numbers are not for both over three months huge so it should not be an issue you can feed them into eper and get some idea of where they are up to. so 70765 was made on 21/3/2013
(Post Link) post #4 of 13 Old 18-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

So ZAR9600000M075995 was produced on 9/7/2013
(Post Link) post #5 of 13 Old 18-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

In that period they used 79 engines, so with any luck they made 79 cars, now I need to find another car.......
AO Member

Member car:

MiTo, 8C Spider

It is a Maserati thing, yes. It was the same for the 8C. The chassis number of mine is close to 49000.
(Post Link) post #7 of 13 Old 18-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Have you got a 4c on order? if so have you heard anything about possible delivery dates
AO Member

Member car:

MiTo, 8C Spider

No, a 4C LE had been reserved for me, but I had to decline it due to cabin accessibility issues. A handful of cars have been delivered already, and they're going to try to deliver, or at least register, as many as they can before the end of the year. This is because the 4C has been homologated with the EC Small Series Type Approval, which means they cannot register more than 1000 in Europe every calendar year. So every LE not registered in 2013 means one less standard car they are allowed to sell in 2014.
AO Member

County: Milano

Member car:

BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGeek View Post
No, a 4C LE had been reserved for me, but I had to decline it due to cabin accessibility issues. A handful of cars have been delivered already, and they're going to try to deliver, or at least register, as many as they can before the end of the year. This is because the 4C has been homologated with the EC Small Series Type Approval, which means they cannot register more than 1000 in Europe every calendar year. So every LE not registered in 2013 means one less standard car they are allowed to sell in 2014.
very interesting to hear that, thanks for the insight.
Btw, what differences does the EC Small Series Type Approval feature from a "standard" approval process?
AO Member

Member car:

MiTo, 8C Spider

I don't know the exact specifics, but it is cheaper to obtain and a few requirements/tests can be waived due to the limited production nature of the vehicle.
AO Member

County: -
Gotta love the inside news from MacGeek regarding FGA and all things Alfa.
AO Member

County: Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiealfa View Post
In that period they used 79 engines, so with any luck they made 79 cars, now I need to find another car.......
Are you buying a second Jamie? . I'm starting to look for coins behind the couch myself...
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacos View Post
very interesting to hear that, thanks for the insight.
Btw, what differences does the EC Small Series Type Approval feature from a "standard" approval process?
Here's some info on it

European Community Small Series type approval (EC SSTA)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
chassis , number

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page