Black 4C walkaround - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Coniglio

Black 4C walkaround

Hi

Check out Alfa Romeo 4C - YouTube

Wanted to share this one with you, for a couple of reasons :

- First movie apart from this one Alfa Romeo 4C at Balocco Race Track - YouTube I have seen featuring a black one.
- It gives a realistic perspective of how wide yet small and very, very low the car is.
- If you set the volume of the voices to normal speaking level (a bit louder maybe as it is in German and those guys always speak a bit loud), you will get a good impression of how loud that exhaust really is.

This is the movie that for me comes closest to the experience I had some weeks ago of seeing a 4C IRL.

Oh, and another reason would be is that I love the black color and I ordered one in it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
It is stunning in black!!!
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Starring The Cleaner!
Is that etna?
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

Porsche Cayman S

Looks awesome in black Makes those terrible headlights look okay as well!
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Gaucho View Post
Looks awesome in black Makes those terrible headlights look okay as well!
If they are the standard lights rather than the carbon surrounds, I think I will save myself the (I think) 2.5k premium for the LED lights/carbon surrounds package. Look fine with black car
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
Coniglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
Starring The Cleaner!
Is that etna?
As far as I can tell (and have been offered the choice) 4C is only available in Alfa Nero 601 Black, so "pastel". I would have payed silly money to have in Grigio Lipari but looking at the vid, I almost see some dark grey in there. Perhaps some serious waxing?

The 4C I saw up close in the dealership has about a meter of exhaust spit behind it from revving it a bit. Hence the cleaning lady here I think. Pretty sure she had to come back at the end of this vid.

Coniglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatspur View Post
If they are the standard lights rather than the carbon surrounds, I think I will save myself the (I think) 2.5k premium for the LED lights/carbon surrounds package. Look fine with black car
I found the correct way to paint plastic bumpers so was tuned in to paint the surrounds body color or have them removed and carbon sticker applied rather than paying the silly money for the "real" carbon ones.
(which in my market I believe means you also have to take the led lights, so about 4500 Euros extra in total...)
But like you say, from this vid there seems to be no need. I played it on TV frame by frame and I detect no carbon weave, so should be the standard ones.

AO Member

County: New York

Member car:

96 911

black looks great when you get your car please send pics , thank orclean1
Coniglio

Thx, will post pics but expect the car to take until end of next year to end up with me.

AO Member

County: Torino

Member car:

MiTo, 8C Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coniglio View Post
But like you say, from this vid there seems to be no need. I played it on TV frame by frame and I detect no carbon weave, so should be the standard ones.
The car in that video has the optional carbon headlight frames, not the standard ones.
Coniglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGeek View Post
The car in that video has the optional carbon headlight frames, not the standard ones.
You think so? I have to admit it is more shiny than I have seen the standard ones beeing, they look matte, but on the other hand I see no carbon weave at all. So perhaps these are standards polished with something oily like Meguiar 7 or similar?

AO Member

County: Torino

Member car:

MiTo, 8C Spider

The standard ones are indeed matte. Those are carbon fiber frames, not polished standard ones. Also, you can clearly see the carbon weave as the camera moves around the car about 6-7 seconds in. I've seen cars both with the standard and the carbon surrounds, and those are definitely carbon. I don't have a shadow of doubt about that.
Coniglio

Drat. Guess I'll have to paint them after all. Ah well.

Coniglio

Found the dealership of the youtube flick, plus another one with a black 4C, this time with a red dual tone interior. Not to my taste but perhaps someone here would like to see.

Alfa Romeo, 4C, 1.8 16V TBi ab jetzt bestellbar! occasie te koop - AutoScout24
Alfa Romeo, 4C, Bestellfahrzeug occasie te koop - AutoScout24

AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

G MA TCT

Dear Santa, I want one of those
AO Member

County: New York

Member car:

96 911

out of all the colors BLACK even though it is the hardest to keep looks best , this is the color I am going to order when my call comes , I currently own a 1996 Porsche 911 C2 with 11500 miles which I am going to sell
Coniglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGeek View Post
The standard ones are indeed matte. Those are carbon fiber frames, not polished standard ones. Also, you can clearly see the carbon weave as the camera moves around the car about 6-7 seconds in. I've seen cars both with the standard and the carbon surrounds, and those are definitely carbon. I don't have a shadow of doubt about that.
I noticed you seem to know a lot about the car. Do you perhaps know what material the standard frames are made of?

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
I think it looks fantastic in Black. Better than the other colours I've seen so far!
Coniglio

A black one in the ugliest lighting possible : Nuevos New Alfa Romeo 4C 2013 - 2014 - YouTube

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
black , walkaround

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page