New Nurburgring video and head to head review with Lotus Evora. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 08-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: East Sussex

Member car:

4C LE (soonish)

New Nurburgring video and head to head review with Lotus Evora.

Great new video of journalist lapping the Nordschleife in 8.18. on a slightly damp track and with traffic. I am afraid that I didn't check to see if he got into sixth!
Video L'Alfa Romeo 4C al Nürburgring di Dicembre 2013

Also "Head to Head" with a Lotus Evora in Autoweb:

"Overall, the 4C is a miracle. It is cheaper than the Evora, more economical than the Evora, and it is so exciting compared to the numb Porsche Cayman that you'd be mad to even consider either of them over this. The only thing that might hold you back from taking the plunge is that Alfa can only build 3,500 4C's a year".

Alfa Romeo 4C vs. Lotus Evora 3.5 V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester
good find.
AO Member

County: City of Zagreb

Member car:

GPA

cannot open the video...maybe youtube version?
twauster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tereg View Post
Great new video of journalist lapping the Nordschleife in 8.18. on a slightly damp track and with traffic. I am afraid that I didn't check to see if he got into sixth!
Nice video! He uses 6th gear briefly between Flugplatz and Schwedenkreuz, changing on 6k rpm at 230 km/h, after which the 4C briefly continues to accelerate. It's slightly downhill though. After that he engages 6th briefly in a couple of other places.

He appears to be driving in Dynamic, but I'm not sure if that's got anything to do with ... anything. It's a pretty fast lap considering it looks like a normal Touristenfahrt, and it's exciting to see how involved he becomes with the car, constantly looking for grip with the steering wheel. I'm getting flashback to the old DTM inboard films from the 90s

AO Member

County: Gauteng
It looks to me like the time of 08:18 is Bridge to Gantry and not a full Lap. Look at he map in the left corner when the timer starts and then look again when the lap ends. It's a two different points. If I am right , that means that the time of 8:04 publicised by Alfa is DAMN FAST!!!
AO Member

County: City of Zagreb

Member car:

GPA

It's BTG time...in traffic and it's damp so the driver is not pushing on some tricky corners...so you should add 27 seconds for dotinger but take 6-7 second for old starting grid.
AO Member

County: Milano

Member car:

BMW Z4

I confirm it's BTG. That would mean something around 8'38" on a full lap. Still good anyway, given track conditions, traffic and tyres.
twauster

8.38 is roughly the same BTG as a friend of mine's Elise. He's done hundred of ring laps in it, and his best time is probably as fast as both he and the car can go.

I'll try to find out his exact time ...

AO Member

County: -
I wish hed gone down the straight to test 6th gear !!

Anyway my opinion is that Von Saurma still should have used 6th on the straight in his 8.04 lap.

In this video you can clearly see he shifted to 6th twice Well Under the red line and still kept accelerating.

Von Saurma had a long long straight and let the revs sit on the red line on 5th for far too long and should have shifted to 6th. In my opinion he forgot he had one more gear to use.
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV3.0Litre View Post
I wish hed gone down the straight to test 6th gear !!

Anyway my opinion is that Von Saurma still should have used 6th on the straight in his 8.04 lap.

In this video you can clearly see he shifted to 6th twice Well Under the red line and still kept accelerating.

Von Saurma had a long long straight and let the revs sit on the red line on 5th for far too long and should have shifted to 6th. In my opinion he forgot he had one more gear to use.
joy, he's back! Another thread I now have to ignore
AO Member

County: -
And we're off and Racing!!!! Six more pages re: 6th gear. Awesome.

Thanks to the OP for the vids. Fantastic.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.4SV

great video this, looks really good

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
evora , head , lotus , nurburgring , review , video

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page