Alfa 4C vs Porsche 911 991 ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 10-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Alfa 4C vs Porsche 911 991 ?

Ive seen a lot of 4C comparisons to the Cayman S but I really think it is better compared to the Base model 911 991.

For a start the base model 991 0-100/62 time is 4.3 secs where as the 4C is 4.5

The 1/4 mile for 991 is 12.4 secs and the 4C is 12.75

These are much closer times than the 4C vs Cayman S times of 4.5 for the Alfa and 5.1 for the Cayman S ! and 1/4 mile 12.75 for the Alfa and 13.7 for the Cayman S

Granted the base model 911 is slightly quicker than the 4C its definitely closer than the Cayman S.

Of Course the 911 Carerra S and GT 2/3 would be much quicker again and not comparable.

But there should be more head to head comparisons done with the base model 911 at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Texas

Member car:

Spec wise it make sense. If we consider the 0-60 times only, then yes the 911 makes more sense to compare. I've posted about this before. I'm leaving a 911 (997) and moving to the 4C. But it has more to do with my preference for a raw feel as the 911 (991) has become a bit not-raw. This is only my opinion. Having said all this, the 911 still remains a fantastic car. I just wish I could have both, and a 356 to boot as well. Cheers.
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 11-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Yeah I guess possibly because of the price the 4C is in a different league to the 911.

Assume 911 would be much more comfortable with many costly "weight added" features which aren't required on the 4C
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
The 991 is a heavy and big GT car, not a sports car. I have owned a 997 (991 predecessor) and also driven the 991. The 991 is a retrograde step to my mind, being noticeably larger. In essence comparing a 991 to a 4C is like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Mini. Whilst non of us have driven a 4C I'm sure it will be nothing like any new or recent Porsche of any description! I'm thinking 4C will be as radical as the Fiat X19 was in the 70's but now with super car performance (sadly the X 19 never had the power the chasis deserved)
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 12-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Alfa should have had a Mid Engined car along time ago. The technology was there especially with the X19 / MR2 but I don't know why one was never produced.

The 4C is about 40 years overdue imho.
AO Member

County: Texas

Member car:

It's interesting that the 4C has garnered a level of expectation that Porsche keeps coming up. That says a lot.
AO Member

I hope the 4C drives like an X1/9 as that is the car I drove for nearly 20 years before I had a 33 Cloverleaf then a 155 2 litre. The handling was amazing at the time and so much fun (plus a practical open roof) I had it turbo charged up to to 130 hp (at the wheels) and thought it was a fantastic car. Should have been developed by Fiat but maybe killed by the MR2.
Still have 7 X1/9's around in various states of disrepair
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 12-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Yeah Alfa should have made an X19/4C type car along time ago.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
911 , 991 , alfa , porsche

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page