Comparison : Alfa Romeo 4C vs Lotus Elise S vs Porsche Cayman - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 09-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Comparison : Alfa Romeo 4C vs Lotus Elise S vs Porsche Cayman

COMPARISON TESTS - CAR: Alfa Romeo 4C vs Lotus Elise S vs Porsche Cayman | German Car Forum

Comparison of the 3 cars. And the winner is ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV3.0Litre View Post
Doesn't really seem like there is a winner, all score 4/5, they all suit different owners really.. I know which I'd have and its very very red
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Agree - doesn't win but doesn't lose either. Considering they have only just brought it out, surely Alfa can tweak it in the future - get more out of the engine / improve little things like the steering wheel and paddles. As for the lights, they're actually starting to grow on me because they are so different.

If they can do a few tweaks by the time they bring a targa version out, I think they will be on to a real winner.
RSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
Doesn't really seem like there is a winner, all score 4/5
What Pud said.

i don't understand the seemingly rabid desire from some members of the 4c forum to see the car "beat" certain of its rivals particularly Porsche.

It's abundantly clear that it's an exciting, interesting and competent little sports car and looks like it will have no trouble meeting its sales targets. That's all good news.

The strange thing is that many of those who seem so keen to decry other marques at the expense of the 4C don't look like prospective immediate term 4C purchasers.

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK View Post
What Pud said.

The strange thing is that many of those who seem so keen to decry other marques at the expense of the 4C don't look like prospective immediate term 4C purchasers.
You have been warned everyone - forget dreaming of owning a 4C and optimism. If you hav'nt paced an order on one yet you are not allowed to express an opinion of it or any of it's rivals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
What Pud said.

You have been warned everyone - forget dreaming of owning a 4C and optimism. If you hav'nt placed an order on one yet you are not allowed to express an opinion of it or any of it's rivals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry spotted typing error - placed an order not paced DOH!!
RSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1NST View Post
You have been warned everyone - forget dreaming of owning a 4C and optimism. If you hav'nt paced an order on one yet you are not allowed to express an opinion of it or any of it's rivals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not what I was implying at all.

More like I could understand the psychological aspect of wanting to justify a new purchase by seeking to compare it as favourably as possible to its rivals as post purchase rationalisation is a well documented human trait. Instead though the confirmed buyers of the car seem perfectly content with their decisions and it's others who are slagging off the competition.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Quote:
it's others who are slagging off the competition.
Fanboys.
AO Silver Member

Apologies, I now understand. The well documented trait of post purchace rationalisation is indeed an interesting concept.

However, I suggest that we put it on the back burner for now, possibly coming back to it at a later juncture. In the meantime, let us all just take a step back and rejoice in the fact that Alfa are starting to build interesting cars again, that bring forth the wonderful catalyst of intellectual debate via this fine forum.
(Post Link) post #10 of 10 Old 09-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
I don't know why the 4C wasn't produced a long time ago. The format and technology was there in the 70s. We could have had an Alfa version of the Fiat X19 and an Alfa version of the Toyota MR2 so why didn't we have such a pure bred sports car in all that time ??

Going back in Alfas history pre 1970s I can see all sorts of Exotic super cars Alfa built directly competing with top line Ferraris, Porsches and Lambos.

From the 1930s -1960s I think was a more glamourous era for Alfa Romeo as my dad remembered Alfas with on par with Ferrari. He even said Alfas were better than Porsches which I guess they probably were back then.

So it has been a long time since weve had a car like the 4C - I hope there is more to come.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
alfa , cayman , comparison , elise , lotus , porsche , romeo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page