More powerful 4C + new headlights.. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Razzo

More powerful 4C + new headlights..

I was going to order my 4C this weekend - now I think I will wait and see where this leads...

Alfa Romeo considering more powerful 4C version

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

deppi0

A more powerful version will most probably happen in 1 to 2 years....as for the dad light they will NOT be changed!
Buy one now and enjoy it.

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Razzo, you still in SA? There is a LONG waiting list so I suggest you get cracking on that order..

Headlights wont change. See my comments in SA lounge. More powerful version will arrive too but it wont hit us for a year or two (as deppio mentioned).
AO Member

County: -
Must admit, the headlights are the only disappointing stylistic cue on this entire car.

Mind you, would be more than happy to live with it if I could get my hands on one.

Hearing the 4C LE will sell in Australia for US$110,000.
Razzo

Yep, still in SA for another few months....
From the sounds of what's happening with the Chrysler IPO and the delay that might cause (yet again) of AR's relaunch in the States - 2 things come to mind -
- if I don't buy one in SA, I might never get to own one
- if AR doesn't launch in the States, there will be quite a few additional units up for reallocation to other countries

Plus, a lot of those people on the LONG waiting list will never actually end up buying a 4C - same as what happened with the Brera..

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classico View Post
Must admit, the headlights are the only disappointing stylistic cue on this entire car.

Mind you, would be more than happy to live with it if I could get my hands on one.

Probably more than that if its on par with the Porsche Cayman, there selling at $150K USD here
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

Quote:
Don't believe everything you hear. Italy are setting the AU price and they haven't set the LE yet. Harald Wester announced at Balocco last month that the base model will retail in Australia for AUD$75k. This was the day after the AU AR press representative informed the AU press to expect $80k-$100k.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliber45 View Post
Don't believe everything you hear. Italy are setting the AU price and they haven't set the LE yet. Harald Wester announced at Balocco last month that the base model will retail in Australia for AUD$75k. This was the day after the AU AR press representative informed the AU press to expect $80k-$100k.
If anything, I'm expecting it to be more expensive than $110k here in Oz.

That figure was given to me by a FIAT/Alfa sales manager.

Not buying the 80k to 100k.

From experience, Alfas are always priced ludicrously high in this market. Especially when a new model.

Buy one new for 95k. Three years later you have a early 20s driver owning the same car.
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

Given the public perception of Alfa in Aust (incorrect I may add), I think the only people willing to buy the 1st gen 4C in Australia will be Alfa nuts. Everyone else will sit back and wait.

AUD pricing for Alfa and Fiat is currently comparable with prices in the UK (price a Giulietta or Abarth).

I'm curious to know what's the maximum amount fellow AUD members would be willing to pay for the base model (before options) and the LE?

For me:
$75k + ORC for the base model is ok. The base model hasn't been defined for AUD, so not sure what we can expect. Note: AUD always get features deemed options in other countries on our base model.
$95k + ORC for the LE is about my limit
AO Member

Probably wait a few years for second hand values to be affordable for me
AO Silver Member

County: New South Wales
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliber45 View Post
Given the public perception of Alfa in Aust (incorrect I may add), I think the only people willing to buy the 1st gen 4C in Australia will be Alfa nuts. Everyone else will sit back and wait.

AUD pricing for Alfa and Fiat is currently comparable with prices in the UK (price a Giulietta or Abarth).

I'm curious to know what's the maximum amount fellow AUD members would be willing to pay for the base model (before options) and the LE?

For me:
$75k + ORC for the base model is ok. The base model hasn't been defined for AUD, so not sure what we can expect. Note: AUD always get features deemed options in other countries on our base model.
$95k + ORC for the LE is about my limit
Smack bang in the middle at $85k will be my limit, whether its a LE or fully loaded base.

I heard our numbers are already exhausted. Next year will be interesting.

Salute, Giordano.
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
All this talk of waiting could lead to missing out. My dealer tells me he has it on good authority from AR, that the 4c will have a 2 year life (reduced from 5 years originally planned). I can't believe they make much money from them, so could be true - or maybe he said it to make me feel better!
AO Member

County: Queensland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV3.0Litre View Post
Probably wait a few years for second hand values to be affordable for me
Tell him he's dreamin!! (My ownership plan is the same )

A RHD 4C will be as rare as the SZ monsters were, especially down under. At 50k new in '89... They're still worth anything between 20 ~ 50k (indeed I saw one listed at 75k) now
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_m67 View Post
Tell him he's dreamin!! (My ownership plan is the same )

A RHD 4C will be as rare as the SZ monsters were, especially down under. At 50k new in '89... They're still worth anything between 20 ~ 50k (indeed I saw one listed at €75k) now
Ok well Ill just keep dreamin

But seriously I feel the 4C will be a popular car by demand and there will be more produced. I don't think it will be as exclusive as the 8C and SZ.

You never know it may be a little classic like the 911 when buyers demanded more models and improvments.

If Alfa listens to buyers that is. They seemed to have responded to the demand for better headlights and a bigger engine - buy time will tell.
AO Member

Tbh, still can't understand how they royally farked up the headlights.

Not a bad angle on the car except for those hideous Spider eyes.

Anyway, at $A110k new down-under, a 2nd-hand Maser Granturismo would be far more tempting for similar money.
deppi0

funny how nobody complains or complained about the attached lights...but so many people are going crazy (wrongly IMO) on the 4C lights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lead9-2013-pagani-huayra-fd.jpg (14.9 KB, 14 views)

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Quote:
Anyway, at $A110k new down-under, a 2nd-hand Maser Granturismo would be far more tempting for similar money.
Thats like saying a 2nd hand limousine would be far more tempting for similar money. If you're the sort of person who'll thoroughly enjoy driving a 4C, then a Maser GT definitely won't push the same buttons. A Maserati GT weighs twice what a 4C weighs for a start..
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
Thats like saying a 2nd hand limousine would be far more tempting for similar money. If you're the sort of person who'll thoroughly enjoy driving a 4C, then a Maser GT definitely won't push the same buttons. A Maserati GT weighs twice what a 4C weighs for a start..
Not exactly.

Don't know of too many limos that do 0-100 in or under 5 seconds.

Agree with you though, one's more a driver's car. The other, a GT, as the name suggests.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Well perhaps limousine was pushing the example too far, but the Maserati might as well be a Mercedes E55 AMG for what it weighs. It does give driving pleasure just for being an outright brute and despite its weight, it'll still shove you back in your seat. But thats really not what the 4C is all about. I think Alfa will sell them all regardless of where they set the price. I think they will hold their value really well too, and those looking for a bargain at 3 years old will be disappointed.
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Tbh, still can't understand how they royally farked up the headlights.

Not a bad angle on the car except for those hideous Spider eyes.
Thanks for your honesty. It's totally understandable , unless you are knowledgable about packaging of headlights on a car, why you wouldn't understand why they couldn't make them look like the showcar!
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...-surround.html

Last edited by cue2; 18-10-13 at 17:25.
AO Member

Cheers cue2. Interesting read.
AO Gold Member

FYI, Carbuzz reported on this too, and mention about new headlights (although Carbuzz is far from factual so take it with a pinch of salt)

Alfa Confirms 4C Racer and Roadster Variants
AO Silver Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Mito 1.4 16v.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deppi0 View Post
funny how nobody complains or complained about the attached lights...but so many people are going crazy (wrongly IMO) on the 4C lights
They are far better-integrated into the design of the car, not an afterthought. They are also a signature of Pagani and are clearly-designed.
AO Member

County: Etela-Suomen Laani
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
Thanks for your honesty. It's totally understandable , unless you are knowledgable about packaging of headlights on a car, why you wouldn't understand why they couldn't make them look like the showcar!
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...-surround.html
Nah.... They could do it in Lotus Elise mk2, why not in the 4C? There's hardly much space in the front wings of an elise and the lights still fit!
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
The elise does appear to have a bit more space and more vertical lense surface plus I'm not sure what modules they are using . The hella system on the Alfa may require greater depth . Lotus do have a lens over their units but it only appears to be a PES halogen reflector . Intriguing ....
S2 Elise Front Clam Removal - Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)
(See step 16 of this guide to see Elise lamp module)

Last edited by cue2; 20-10-13 at 08:01. Reason: Explain attachment

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
headlights , powerful

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page