Front number plates - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 03-10-13 Thread Starter

Front number plates

For those potential owners of a 4c facing the dilemma of whether to mount the carbuncle of a UK number plate on their car when it arrives, you should read this.

BBC News - Lamborghini Aventador seized in police crackdown

"A sports car worth 400,000 has been seized by police in east London after the driver's policy was found not to cover him to get behind the wheel.

The Lamborghini Aventador was stopped in Newham because its front number plate was missing, causing police to carry out further checks.

It was one of 180 vehicles seized on Tuesday as part of Operation Cubo."

The car was seized because of the insurance problem NOT the number plate - but its worth remembering that the Police still regard the lack of a front plate as a good reason to pull the car over. A timely warning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
In Italy if you don't have your front license plate, they will confiscate the car.
deppi0

Main reason for their "operation" is to go after uninsured drivers especially from the Gulf in the summer...
As for the front plate I don't have it on my Cali and have been stopped 4 times in 2.5 years of driving every day in London. I keep the plate on the seat next to me as it keeps falling down on the road....
The only time I got a ticket was when I had the plate in the boot so the cop didn't believe me that I normally wear one!

AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by deppi0 View Post
The only time I got a ticket was when I had the plate in the boot so the cop didn't believe me that I normally wear one!
Just show the next cop who stops you a pic of your AO avatar as proof
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliber45 View Post
Just show the next cop who stops you a pic of your AO avatar as proof
hehe.... I should be careful what I say I know of a couple of forums for sure where cops used to hang around to catch people!

AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Garage
4C comes with a weird looking bracket for the front plate but mounting it will mean drilling holes in that lovely body, and it will also be a pig to clean behind it, so I think I'm going for a sticker (I only have a 5 character plate)
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigethecat View Post
4C comes with a weird looking bracket for the front plate but mounting it will mean drilling holes in that lovely body, and it will also be a pig to clean behind it, so I think I'm going for a sticker (I only have a 5 character plate)
Thinking the same Nig
Will try to fabricate something from the tow eye also and mount the number on the right side but may look too weird
Think I will get many vinyl plates and take them off and on as I feel like it (maybe)

Think the vinyl plates are not entirely legal though as they do not come with a kite mark and conformity number sticker but most police may not be too hard on us (also maybe)
AO Member

County: Milano
Given the amount of idiots that get away with incorrectly spaced plates , Id imagine most plod wouldn't be bothered by a self adhesive vinyl plate. Would a none conforming plate fail an MOT, as said earlier Italy is far less forgiving caught without a front plate, motor confiscated. At the risk of being flamed I'll have mine mounted in the normal way.

County: Texas

Member car:

Alfa 4C 90

Alternative Front License Plate Bracket

This is a solution that works for US size plates: US Mill Works - Front License Plate Brackets
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

car

AO Member

County: Argyll and Bute

Member car:

alfa GT JTDm

my 156 has a front sticker as the no plate bracket looks ugy.Had my car 4.5 years and driven 58000 mile never been pulled over.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
front , number , plates

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page