USA price news $54,000 and maserati dealers? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 30 Old 24-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Florida
USA price news $54,000 and maserati dealers?

Can this be true? My deposit is with a "Fiat" dealer! Am I "SOL"

Alfa Romeoís upcoming lightweight sports car will cost $54,000, pricing it $1,400 above a Porsche Cayman excluding delivery charges.

The retail price was confirmed to AutoGuide by Alfa Romeo PR rep Davide Kluzer.

When it arrives in the second quarter of 2014, the 4C will mark Alfa Romeoís return to North America. That doesnít mean you can expect to see Chrysler dealers out with tack hammers and ladders, adding Alfa signs to their stores. Instead, the companyís sole product will sell through Maserati dealers despite the carís relatively low price.

Alfa Romeo 4C Officially Priced From $54,000 | AutoGuide.com News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
If you need some help or info from the FIAT bosses let me know. Might be able to assist you in getting more info.

County: Minnesota

Member car:

1971 Spider

It'd be nice to know. I called our local maser dealer and they hadn't heard a thing. And the local fiat dealer hasn't either of course. Just want someone to take my money!
deppi0

You probably have to wait until the LA Auto Show

(Post Link) post #5 of 30 Old 24-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

AO Member

County: Texas

Member car:

So we (in the US) get a lump of coal for X'mas? It's the thought that counts. Aside from my feeble attempt at a joke, I am getting a bit tired waiting. Unless our Euro brethren (who should get them for Christmas) report that it is a magic flying carpet; I might not be able to wait that long.
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

I'm just grateful it's coming out at all. Although 2nd Qtr 2014 can mean so many different things to Italians
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewinter View Post
Nobody really knows yet as it was not explained if it is deliveries in 2Q 2014 or orders open. The issue Alfa is having is purely a production one and there is nothing they can do about it. Waiting time at the moment for the standard edition in Europe should be around 6 months. Production is very slow due to the carbon tub and other things.

I would not be too upset and just buy something else in the meantime to enjoy. When the car finally comes out in the US you can then decide if you want to swap or not

PS I am desperate to receive my LE though!

AO Member

County: -
Alfa has to deal with some nonsensical US regulations and modify the car a bit so that the US authorities allow them to sell it there.
AO Member

Member car:

Actually the US wanted everyone else to work out the bugs first. Joke.
AO Member

County: Etela-Suomen Laani
The US version will weigh like 100 kg more (or was it 100 lbs). Can't be good assuming power stays the same as even the EU version could with an extra 50 bhp.
(Post Link) post #12 of 30 Old 30-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

(Post Link) post #13 of 30 Old 30-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

One more article of distributor confusion and uncertainty

http://jalopnik.com/you-might-have-t...ium=socialflow
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
I think clarity will be given at LA Motor Show. As Deppio has mentioned before.

Its likely the 4C will be sold via Maserati dealers, and other more main stream Alfa's will be sold via FIAT dealers.
AO Member
MiTo Lounge Winner 09

Fact is, Alfa doesn't have own dealers yet in North America. Doesn't make sense until there's a few mainstream cars to be sold. And as there's only few 4C to be sold and they want to be seen as a premium brand, Maserati might be the better choice than Fiat or other Chrysler dealers.
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumadog View Post
Fact is, Alfa doesn't have own dealers yet in North America. Doesn't make sense until there's a few mainstream cars to be sold. And as there's only few 4C to be sold and they want to be seen as a premium brand, Maserati might be the better choice than Fiat or other Chrysler dealers.
I think that will be the case. Americans are very particular about where they buy their cars from. They would never go into a Fiat dealer that sells 500 and buy an Alfa 4C. Service has to be up to standard as well for the 4C and the Fiat dealers in the US cannot provide that.
The only issues I see with Maserati dealers is that lots of them are part of Ferrari dealers and people can be a little "shy" to go in to buy a car.... The other one is that there aren't enough Maserati dealers around so either they increase the Maserati dealers (as they should if they want to sell so many Maserati) or they also sell the 4C through some very specific Fiat dealers.

Last but not least.....please don't read the c*ap that jaloponik writes. All they try to do is to create a buzz and stir some sh*t!

(Post Link) post #17 of 30 Old 04-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Chrysler-Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne acknowledges a conflict over whether Maserati or Fiat dealers will sell Alfa Romeos in the United States, but said his plan is that “the best performing Fiat dealers will be the ones that will be entitled to have a crack at Alfa Romeo distribution.”

His statement differs from one in late September by Harald Wester, the global head of Fiat’s Alfa Romeo and Maserati brands, and an underling of Marchionne.

Wester told Automotive News in an e-mail that the Alfa Romeo 4C coupe, which is intended to lead Alfa Romeo’s return to the United States, would be sold through U.S. Maserati dealers when it arrives next year.

Maserati’s 68 U.S. dealerships are outside of the Chrysler dealer network, which includes about 210 Fiat dealerships that had expected to sell Alfa Romeos.

Last week, in an amended filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission related to its proposed initial public offering, Chrysler Group was unequivocal about where Alfa Romeos will be sold in North America.

“In 2011, we began distributing Alfa Romeo vehicles in Mexico, and have exclusive distribution rights for Alfa Romeo in the U.S. and Canada,” Chrysler wrote in the amended filing.

An earlier version of the section read: “we expect to sell Alfa Romeo vehicles in the U.S. and Canada.”

Chrysler spokesman Gualberto Ranieri declined requests for comment on the new wording.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...06G2462689H1U#
AO Member

In my mind, it makes perfect sense to sell the 4C in Maserati dealerships.

Absolute no brainer. Perception is everything, especially when attempting to re-launch a brand which was forced to extract from the American market after poor sales.

Alfas are currently sold at Chrsyler and FIAT dealerships here in Australia. But they're selling the Mito and Giulietta.

Not some RWD, mid-engine car with a carbon fibre tub.
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classico View Post
In my mind, it makes perfect sense to sell the 4C in Maserati dealerships.

Absolute no brainer. Perception is everything, especially when attempting to re-launch a brand which was forced to extract from the American market after poor sales.

Alfas are currently sold at Chrsyler and FIAT dealerships here in Australia. But they're selling the Mito and Giulietta.

Not some RWD, mid-engine car with a carbon fibre tub.
Maserati are normally sold through Ferrari shared dealers so I doubt you can add Alfa to the mix....

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deppi0 View Post
Maserati are normally sold through Ferrari shared dealers so I doubt you can add Alfa to the mix....
Seems like that's what they intend to do with the 4C.....
AO Member

Member car:

I believe the 8C was sold through the Ferrari dealers, but it did cost a tiny bit more than a 4C. I really don't care where they're sold, as long as they hurry up.
AO Member

County: Harjumaa (Tallinn)

Member car:

4C LE 299

For the 4C it would make sense to sell it thru Maserati dealerships. But the 4C is not about the 3500 cars they might sell per year, it is about reviving a stale brand. They have to get people looking at Alfa when buying their next "normal" car. For that reason I'm sure the 4C:s will be found in Alfa (Fiat, Chrysler, whatever) dealerships.
(Post Link) post #23 of 30 Old 15-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

(Post Link) post #24 of 30 Old 06-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

“We will use what we have done with Fiat and Maserati in the United States and NAFTA in general, in terms of introducing Alfa in the market relatively quickly. I’m still hopeful that we will be in production by the end of 2015 with the first vehicle, which is representative of the new Alfas going forward.”

See all 6 photos
That “first vehicle” will actually be the second to come to North America. Marchionne announced at Tuesday’s Alfa Romeo 4C cabrio press conference that the 4C will be shown at the New York International Auto Show and will go on sale in North America shortly thereafter.

Read more: Will The Miata-Based Alfa Romeo Roadster Be A Fiat Instead?
(Post Link) post #25 of 30 Old 13-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
$54 , 000 , dealers , maserati , news , price , usa

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page