Report Brings Attention to the Repair Costs of Lighter Cars Which Use New Materials - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 14-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Wan Chai Hong Kong Island

Member car:

BMW Z4

Report Brings Attention to the Repair Costs of Lighter Cars Which Use New Materials

Report Brings Our Attention to the Repair Costs of New, Lighter Cars Which Use New Materials - Carscoops

What are your thoughts on this subject? Anyone concerned about the potential high repairing cost for the 4C in case of an accident, large or small?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
will clearly reflect in insurance premiums
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
I was surprised by the low insurance cost of our Audi A2 in 2001 despite its aluminium / plastic body but I think carbon fibre is different. The tub in a Mcclaren F1 is eventually a consumable service part and I imagine cannot be patched up like steel or assumed to be undamaged if you cannot see damage.
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

elise

Dont see an issue. If you bend the tub, you write off the car. This is normal in most cars; and i suspect will be the rule on the 4c.

As it has a front subframe, I guess it will be harder to write off than an Elise, as if you rip the front suspension mount on an Elise it is a write off. 4C looks like it will be a new subframe.

GRP is great, you dont repair a crash, pull out dents and fill, you replace the panel, and the car is as good as new (maybe better depending on the quality of manufacturer paint job!)
deppi0

I don't see any issue at all. The insurance for the Mclaren is the same as the 458 so why do people think it will be a problem with the 4C?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
attention , brings , cars , costs , lighter , materials , repair , report

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page