buying blind - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 08-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
buying blind

With the press day evidently coming up soon, we will hopefully at last get some reasonably independent driving impressions. I was tempted by the 4c, having owned, and loved, Alfas for 16 of the past 23 years. However, 16k deposit was just too much of a leap of faith for a car that might just not be quite what we all hope it is. I have owned a few cars in my 36 years of driving and don't think I have ever bought one without trying one first, and certainly not without having researched what the press had to say. Wondered if any of you out there has the same nervousness, especially those of you that have committed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatspur View Post
With the press day evidently coming up soon, we will hopefully at last get some reasonably independent driving impressions. I was tempted by the 4c, having owned, and loved, Alfas for 16 of the past 23 years. However, 16k deposit was just too much of a leap of faith for a car that might just not be quite what we all hope it is. I have owned a few cars in my 36 years of driving and don't think I have ever bought one without trying one first, and certainly not without having researched what the press had to say. Wondered if any of you out there has the same nervousness, especially those of you that have committed.
I was and still am, strangely not nervous about the decision to buy an unknown, untested, uncommented-on-by-journo's and undriven 50k odd Alfa... I must be mad, but I want it and am nearly selling my soul to own it! I can't wait, but truly hope it's worth it!

The most expensive new car I have bought before was 19.5k, last year. So it is a major thing for me to go for it and take this leap of insanity!

I'm not nervous, but I might just sound it! As soon as I saw the concept I knew I wanted one. I have loved Alfa's since I was a kid (MANY years ago) and have owned loads of them, a 'Sud was my first car, but I have never owned a new Alfa!

It's getting closer

The beauty of buying a car like the 4c is that for the first few months you could actually MAKE money by selling it on whilst there's a strong demand.

Timing is everything however - I suspect values will plummet after "The Daily Grind", says the car is deeply flawed because it won't take a standard sized suitcase - or a roof rack.
AO Member

County: -
In 2014 I'll be driving Alfa's for 25 years en I'll be 50 years old. What else could I do but buying a 4C ?
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Not nervous at all..

Just irritated by the fact that I don't have my car yet

Dont care much for car reviews. All I want from the press track day is some on board footage of them throwing the 4C around. What they say about the way it drives does't bother me much. In saying that both Autocar and Topgear's initial impressions at Goodwood was favorable (so was the short Dutch review where the guy said its like a cross between a Lotus and an 8C).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
blind , buying

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page