Nice article - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 27 Old 05-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
nice indeed. Pity nobody proof read it:

"Fiat's European product development head, Mauro Pierallini, believes the Alfa Romeo 4C roadster will be another "masterpiece" for the storied Alfa brand."
AO Silver Member

County: Galway

Member car:

147 1.6TS

First explanation I have read on the lights .
Radical .
Would love to drive one .
AO Member

County: Istanbul
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatspur View Post

"Fiat's European product development head, Mauro Pierallini, believes the Alfa Romeo 4C roadster will be another "masterpiece" for the storied Alfa brand."
A Freudian slip, maybe?
MrQ
AO Member

County: -
"The US version will be 100 kg heavier because we had to add some aluminum inserts in the carbon fiber chassis."

How do you understand this ? 995 kgs for the US version?
(Post Link) post #6 of 27 Old 05-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ View Post
"The US version will be 100 kg heavier because we had to add some aluminum inserts in the carbon fiber chassis."

Yes..

But they will probably get a higher engine output to compensate for the added weight..
AO Silver Member

County: Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ View Post

Don't forget that the US has some really stupid requirements, like a survivability test for unbelted occupants.
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Thanks for the link!
AO Member

County: Milano

Member car:

BMW Z4

the article still confirms the first deliveries end of september.. sounds a bit odd though
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

So if the US version has to have a different chassis, why does everyone have to suffer the dreadful reflectors on the side??????? Surely it wouldn't take much to produce different panels.
(Post Link) post #11 of 27 Old 05-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Emacos. I was told first deliveries still due end September. Everything on schedule according to Alfa insiders
MrQ
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliber45 View Post
So if the US version has to have a different chassis, why does everyone have to suffer the dreadful reflectors on the side??????? Surely it wouldn't take much to produce different panels.

Good point.

Last edited by MrQ; 05-09-13 at 16:12.
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatspur View Post

He was talking about next year's 4C Roadster, hence the use of the word "Roadster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashbat View Post
Don't forget that the US has some really stupid requirements, like a survivability test for unbelted occupants.
It isnt a stupid test in the US - hardly anyone wears seatbelts there, so they have this test.

They also have much larger airbags that will hold passengers in place if they go off, for the same reason. We get much smaller airbags in europe cos most of us wear seatbelts.

Re the headlights, apparently using these lights instead of the originals saved $4,000,000 Euros !

Last edited by typos1; 05-09-13 at 21:06.
AO Member

This is my favourite part of the article:

"How does the 4C drive?

It's so fast! We drove the Porsche Cayman to make some comparisons. The Cayman is a very beautiful car, it has a great sound, but if you drive it slowly you could imagine you're sitting in a VW Golf. The 4C is completely different. You feel you are in a racecar. We also drove the 4C on our Balocco track with some Ferraris. In the straight line, the 4C only reaches a top speed of 260kph, but on the handling track its performances can be assimilated with those of a Ferrari. And thanks to the launch control, any driver could accelerate from 0 to 100kph in just 4.5 seconds."

Awesome

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com App[/color]
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by typos1 View Post
He was talking about next year's 4C Roadster, hence the use of the word "Roadster"

It isnt a stupid test in the US - hardly anyone wears seatbelts there, so they have this test.

They also have much larger airbags that will hold passengers in place if they go off, for the same reason. We get much smaller airbags in europe cos most of us wear seatbelts.

Re the headlights, apparently using these lights instead of the originals saved $4,000,000 Euros !

I know those are the reasons in the US but the law requires people to wear seatbelts....if they don't wear it it's their problem.
Typical lawyers world in the US were everybody is scared to be sued so instead of forcing people to wear the seatbelt, let's be scared that we might get sued and have the cars changed!

Stupid laws....and stupid test IMO ;-)

AO Silver Member

County: Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by deppi0 View Post
I know those are the reasons in the US but the law requires people to wear seatbelts....if they don't wear it it's their problem.
Typical lawyers world in the US were everybody is scared to be sued so instead of forcing people to wear the seatbelt, let's be scared that we might get sued and have the cars changed!

Stupid laws....and stupid test IMO ;-)
Quite. BMW are currently campaigning against it, but NHTSA say no. NHTSA denies BMW
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Quote:
Don't think so. First of all, a 4C roadster is yet to be confirmed (although I suspect highly likely), and the article goes on to talk about the car to be available this year. The "roadster" bit is not part of the quotes, so most likely a mistake by the journalist
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Vignon has said that theyll be an open version and a faster Stradale version coming.
AO Gold Member

Can this be right, Only 3500 units to be built now? (probably old news)

Alfa Romeo's Production Plans For The 4C, It's Not Good News
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Ummm. That's 3,500 PER YEAR. Not total production as mis-stated by the "journalist"
AO Member

County: Gloucestershire
Quote:

I don't see your point - if they had put torches on either side this could have saved even more money, but that is not the point, instead they have put a UGLY light assembly on the car as an afterthought. Which is a shame because the rest of the car is simply stunning. :-)
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybrain1234 View Post
I don't see your point - if they had put torches on either side this could have saved even more money, but that is not the point, instead they have put a UGLY light assembly on the car as an afterthought. Which is a shame because the rest of the car is simply stunning. :-)
Who said it is an afterthought? They knew from day one that a lot of the items on the concept would not be replicated on the finished car. This is the same for every single concept that comes out.
Most people who have seen the lights in person especially with the carbon cover like them...if you don't I don't need to convince you but you should just get over it IMO.
By the way saving money on those lights helped them keep the price relatively low whilst using ground breaking technology like the carbon chassis.

AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

I for one am thankful for those who can't get past the lights. One less person in front of me in the queue to get a 4C
AO Silver Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Mito 1.4 16v.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deppi0 View Post
Who said it is an afterthought? They knew from day one that a lot of the items on the concept would not be replicated on the finished car. This is the same for every single concept that comes out.
Most people who have seen the lights in person especially with the carbon cover like them...if you don't I don't need to convince you but you should just get over it IMO.
By the way saving money on those lights helped them keep the price relatively low whilst using ground breaking technology like the carbon chassis.
Without wanting to get too involved in the debate (which has been done to death), I feel the bold sentence may be an exaggeration. Most people I have spoken to or read articles from (externally of this form) who have seen the lights don't like them.
AO Member

I like them. Saw the 4C in Geneva and in Den Haag (Louwman-museum).
The whole car is so much better in the flesh than on pictures !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
article , nice

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page