Rather quiet on the 4C front - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 34 Old 17-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Rather quiet on the 4C front

But in just over a month we will have a flood of initial driving impressions from the press track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: -

Member car:

VW CC 3.6

During waiting: a big AR dealer told me that there will not be more than 1.000 units per year. Main reason is the lack of a homologation and 1.000 seems to be the magic size. We will see.
I think due to a success of the new Maserati Ghibli the factory could reach its capacity soon.
CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perreby_83 View Post
But in just over a month we will have a flood of initial driving impressions from the press track day
When and where is the press track day?
AO Member

County: Milano

Member car:

BMW Z4

don't worry Perreby, Italy basically shuts down over August, as the entire country goes on vacation
Pretty normal that no further news have been released over the last couple of weeks..
(Post Link) post #5 of 34 Old 18-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Jip well aware of the holidays in August.

When I ordered my Giulietta a few years ago my ETA was changed due to the August holidays.

CPE its said to be last or second last weekend of September at Balocco

Member car:

VW CC 3.6

School holidays in italy end 7th of september.
Maserati factory staff should be in good condition then ;-)
AO Member
MiTo Lounge Winner 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupedo View Post
During waiting: a big AR dealer told me that there will not be more than 1.000 units per year. Main reason is the lack of a homologation and 1.000 seems to be the magic size. We will see.
I think due to a success of the new Maserati Ghibli the factory could reach its capacity soon.
1000 for Europe, but not worldwide.

The Ghibli is built in Turin, the 4C in Modena.
AO Member

County: Milano
Fiat auto have spent a lot of cash on the old Bertone plant on Corso Allamano, very imposing from the road. I was lead to believe Quattroporte and Ghibli will be built there, saw a few in the front compound the other day.

Member car:

VW CC 3.6

my latest news:
My dealer told me that he will be in italy due to more information about the 4C mid of october! No further news about delivery dates or anything else.

Member car:

VW CC 3.6

Have a Look at this

All details of the Alfa Romeo 4C | AutoEdizione.com

"Deliveries of the first series called ‘Launch Edition’ most probably will not start before next year."

;-(
AO Silver Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Mito 1.4 16v.

Hmmm. Bit of a shame there is no tan leather option. Red with tan leather would look very nice. As it is, if I eventually commit to one, my spec would be:
Black
Silver 18/19" teledial wheels (which would be powder-coated gold)
Red leather
Red calipers

I don't like black cars, but the lights would look good on black, I think. Ultra-stealthy.
The main reason is that I'd want some colour in the interior, so black leather is a last-resort.
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

I love black cars, but be warned all black car lovers that the black is a flat black, not metallic. Will show up every scratch and flat black is notorious for polish swirl marks.
(Post Link) post #13 of 34 Old 30-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
And so it starts!!

We will be seeing a lot of press time for the 4C pretty soon..

Digital preview of the new issue of CAR magazine Car Magazine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AR4C_CAR.jpg (44.5 KB, 32 views)
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

4C

47k is steeper than i was imagining. Not much of a difference compared to the 52k LE.

I was thinking it would be less than 45k!
AO Member

County: Istanbul
Quote:
And so it starts!!

We will be seeing a lot of press time for the 4C pretty soon..

Digital preview of the new issue of CAR magazine Car Magazine
Booyah! A few more days and we will know more details about the way 4C drives I love how the article begins: "Still want a Cayman?"
deppi0

I think the 47 is purely speculation from Car for now

AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

Maybe Car based the cost off the LE and simply deducted the probable cost of options? Or maybe AR informed them in advance? Isn't the cost supposed to be announced in Sept?
(Post Link) post #18 of 34 Old 31-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnztktk View Post
Booyah! A few more days and we will know more details about the way 4C drives I love how the article begins: "Still want a Cayman?"
I like this more "turnover, and find out why the 4C will be the greatest Alfa for a generation"
AO Member

County: Istanbul
Quote:
I like this more "turnover, and find out why the 4C will be the greatest Alfa for a generation"
And yet we can't turnover the page just yet, what a tease
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Quote:
I hope they've actually road tested one, not simply regurgitated the marketing BS.

All speculation for now as could turn out to be a right spud (doubt it, but could).
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
The magazine has been available all week in UK. They do not drive it, just ride as passenger
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Time to experience the 4C ourselves. The exposed and polished carbonfibre sill is slight, so getting in and out is easier than you'd expect, the leather-clad carbon bucket seats are surprisingly broad and comfortable, there's headroom aplenty, and your feet rest on a big aluminium kick plate. A thick black leather strap pulls the lightweight door closed. It's a very focussed cabin, with the dashboard and air-con controls angle towards the driver, who looks back on a flat-bottomed steering wheel and a digital screen dominated by a big rev-counter that turns white to yellow as the engine approaches the redline. There's a conventional handbrake (joy of joys!) but the paddleshifts are small and plasticky.
Despite the carbon chassis it's remarkably refined when the engine fires into life, and the 4C rides with the fluent and supple nature of a Lotus Elise, though it's perhaps a little firmer. The turbo'd four-pot is deep and pleasingly gruff, and most importantly the the 4C feels light and agile, with very little inertia to overcome when we're on the brakes, on the throttle or changing direction. The gearshifts are fast but not Porsche PDK quick, the traction control cuts in as our driver attacks the tight corners, and then all too soon our tantalising time in the 4C is over
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa

I have bought the magazine, very good photos great
Stef France. Rosso LE NO 288
(Post Link) post #24 of 34 Old 31-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatspur View Post
Time to experience the 4C ourselves. The exposed and polished carbonfibre sill is slight, so getting in and out is easier than you'd expect, the leather-clad carbon bucket seats are surprisingly broad and comfortable, there's headroom aplenty, and your feet rest on a big aluminium kick plate. A thick black leather strap pulls the lightweight door closed. It's a very focussed cabin, with the dashboard and air-con controls angle towards the driver, who looks back on a flat-bottomed steering wheel and a digital screen dominated by a big rev-counter that turns white to yellow as the engine approaches the redline. There's a conventional handbrake (joy of joys!) but the paddleshifts are small and plasticky.
Despite the carbon chassis it's remarkably refined when the engine fires into life, and the 4C rides with the fluent and supple nature of a Lotus Elise, though it's perhaps a little firmer. The turbo'd four-pot is deep and pleasingly gruff, and most importantly the the 4C feels light and agile, with very little inertia to overcome when we're on the brakes, on the throttle or changing direction. The gearshifts are fast but not Porsche PDK quick, the traction control cuts in as our driver attacks the tight corners, and then all too soon our tantalising time in the 4C is over
Yes so far only passenger rides have been given.. Only at the press day with they finally get to drive the 4C themselves.. And that will only come towards the end of September.
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Fairly standard new car release experience from all the car mags, who are very carefully manipulated by the manufacturers marketing people... it usually goes like this:

1) some teaser info of a new concept car before a big motor show... on the back of this the car mags all generate some "photoshop" images.
2) Loads of pictures at the motorshow, some techy info on potential engines/chassis/etc. An interview with designers.
3) all goes quiet for a few months.
4) Some leaks about discussions on if the project is financially viable.
5) Another motor show appearance ... this time in a different continent and in a different colour.
6) speculation from car magazines on potential production dates and some more photoshops, plus stories about where it will be built.
7) Grand announcement that project is given go ahead, with production scales and cost estimate etc.
8) Spy shots...
9) more photo shops.. this continues for 2 years or so.
10) Press release ahead of motor show for production version.
11) Big disappointment of the production version as interior is not so sexy as the concept and the exterior has to be changed due to production realities. No-one likes the headlights ! and almost everyone who liked the concept version would never have bought it anyway!
12) Tech details are slowly spoon fed to favoured journalists, and reality dawns on costs... and availability.
13) Orders taken.
14) Some journalists get to ride in a pre-production mule...
15) Some journalists get to ride in a production spec car - (Where we are now)
16) Road test on local to manufacturer test track
17) Road test on local to manufacturer roads.
18) Road test against competitors
19) Finally a full blown road test in you own country's versions...
20) Customers shocked at how much extra they had to pay compared to initial predicted costs back at stage 7!

I think in the 4C's case there will also be some people speculating and selling off quickly to make a fast buck or two.

I'll probably consider buying a 4C at stage 20 + 3 Years by which stage I'll be about 60 and be unable to get in and out of a 4C easily

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
front , quiet

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page