Those Lights: Shock! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 29-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

RS4

Those Lights: Shock!

I know much has already been said about the lights on the production 4C.

I was lucky enough to poor over and sit in the car at Goodwood and I have to report that I really like them...SHOCK! And the car was a none Launch Edition vehicle; so I imagine that the LE's carbon fibre cowlings will look even better.

Had Alfa stuck with the enclosed lights of the concept model I think that there would have been a real risk that the 4C would've just appeared like a scaled down 8C (no bad thing in some respects) but I'm pleased that the production lights help to give the 4C it's own identity and create a new design language for Alfa's most important car since the Pininfarina penned 164.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Dorset
Totally agree.....the more I see them the more they suit the cars character!
I didn't think I would be saying that 3 months ago!
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabilo View Post
I know much has already been said about the lights on the production 4C.

I was lucky enough to poor over and sit in the car at Goodwood and I have to report that I really like them...SHOCK! And the car was a none Launch Edition vehicle; so I imagine that the LE's carbon fibre cowlings will look even better.

Had Alfa stuck with the enclosed lights of the concept model I think that there would have been a real risk that the 4C would've just appeared like a scaled down 8C (no bad thing in some respects) but I'm pleased that the production lights help to give the 4C it's own identity and create a new design language for Alfa's most important car since the Pininfarina penned 164.
Both cars at goodwood featured the carbon trim headlights. my understanding from speaking to the representative is that they'll be standard on the standard (no pun intended) car. The plastic ones in Geneva were really poor!

AR might also offer the option to have them coloured as the car. If optional it would be best to view in person before committing oneself.

Last edited by Clorus; 29-07-13 at 21:12.
(Post Link) post #4 of 8 Old 29-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

RS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clorus View Post
Both cars at goodwood featured the carbon trim headlights. my understanding from speaking to the representative is that they'll be standard on the standard (no pun intended) car. The plastic ones in Geneva were really poor!

AR might also offer the option to have them coloured as the car. If optional it would be best to view in person before committing oneself.
My apologies, the Goodwood car did have the Carbon surround. Doh! Doesn't change my view that the design works well for me.

Hmmmm, coloured option. Yes, that you would have to see before ordering.

Last edited by Stabilo; 29-07-13 at 22:33.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
They do look good IRL. I love the 4c
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Sergio Marchionne said yesterday to an analyst that Alfa saved €4mil by opting for the current lights compared to developing more conventional lights. And he said the final decision to stick with the lights rested with him.

That cost saving is equivalent to the sale of around 67 4C LE's
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perreby_83 View Post
Sergio Marchionne said yesterday to an analyst that Alfa saved €4mil by opting for the current lights compared to developing more conventional lights. And he said the final decision to stick with the lights rested with him.

That cost saving is equivalent to the sale of around 67 4C LE's

... and if they are on a 10% nett margin around 670 cars. No brainer, they look just fine in the flesh, trust me
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
I love the lights.. And as fiat shareholder I love the cost savings... So win win for me

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
lights , shock

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page