RHD production delayed? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 25 Old 24-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

RHD production delayed?

Was just informed RHD production has been delayed and nothing will arrive until April/May 2014. Has anyone else heard anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Informed by whom exactly?

And RHD for LE models or standard production car?
(Post Link) post #3 of 25 Old 24-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

By someone at Fiat Chrysler. They simply said RHD production has been delayed. I took that to mean ANY RHD variant.
AO Silver Member

Garage
FIAT/Chrysler in Aus? or Italy?

I was told production is on schedule... For the 4C LE's
(Post Link) post #5 of 25 Old 24-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

In Australia. They have been informed production is delayed.
AO Silver Member

Garage
To quote Italy "Hi, everything under control as planned. First deliveries end September as communicated to press"

But in saying that I was told October last year production for RHD cars will only start in Q1:2014 (they talking about standard car here).

"The car, which will be the utmost expression of the Alfa Romeo brand values, will enter in production in the first quarter of 2014 for the right hand drive countries such as South Africa."

Send our contact a mail...
AO Member

County: Istanbul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perreby_83 View Post
To quote Italy "Hi, everything under control as planned. First deliveries end September as communicated to press"
So does that mean LHD may reach their owners sooner than December?
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnztktk View Post
So does that mean LHD may reach their owners sooner than December?
Stop dreaming Dnztktk

I suspect the first few will all go to Italy. And since they can only build around 14/15 cars a day we all gonna wait very long

Kaliber I did enquire about this
CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
Quote:
Stop dreaming Dnztktk

I suspect the first few will all go to Italy. And since they can only build around 14/15 cars a day we all gonna wait very long

I actually don't mind when I get it, as long as they build it carefully!

I don't imagine I will get to use it much in Dec in UK anyway.
AO Member

County: Istanbul
Quote:
Stop dreaming Dnztktk

Way to crush my dreams

Aren't they building them right now? I thought the production has started already, that's why I was a bit optimistic about the delivery dates
Monkeymonk

Quote:

But in saying that I was told October last year production for RHD cars will only start in Q1:2014 (they talking about standard car here).

"The car, which will be the utmost expression of the Alfa Romeo brand values, will enter in production in the first quarter of 2014 for the right hand drive countries such as South Africa."

Send our contact a mail...

Hi,
Can you please pm me Alfa Romeo's Italy email address.
I have put down a deposit for a 4C yet my dealer seems to have no idea on when I'll be seeing the car.
It's killing me.

(Post Link) post #12 of 25 Old 24-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

I can fill you in on everything to do with Australia.

Australia have been told nothing by Italy - numbers, pricing etc. They will know more in a few weeks as they are talking to ************ at AR HQ. They have been informed however that RHD production has been delayed (waiting on clarification as to whether they mean LE or general production as identified by Perreby). Italy will palm you off to Fiat/Chrysler in Australia (who report to China) but we know more than them at the moment!

Last edited by kaliber45; 24-07-13 at 10:06.
(Post Link) post #13 of 25 Old 24-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Oh... and AR Australia have requested dealer enquiry/deposit numbers. They aren't overly happy that some dealers have accepted deposits as they don't know how cars will be allocated etc.
AO Member

County: Milano

Member car:

BMW Z4

On some articles (whose link I can't recall) I read that production of LE cars will start in the beginning of August, as so far only pre-production models have been on the line.
AO Member

County: Florida
No alfa usa dealer network....yet

My fiat dealer, hoping to get Alfa, is fustrated. No official word on Alfa usa dealers. Possibly yet another delay.....
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewinter View Post
My fiat dealer, hoping to get Alfa, is fustrated. No official word on Alfa usa dealers. Possibly yet another delay.....
He has to wait until November probably at the LA show...

Monkeymonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliber45 View Post
I can fill you in on everything to do with Australia.

Australia have been told nothing by Italy - numbers, pricing etc. They will know more in a few weeks as they are talking to ************ at AR HQ. They have been informed however that RHD production has been delayed (waiting on clarification as to whether they mean LE or general production as identified by Perreby). Italy will palm you off to Fiat/Chrysler in Australia (who report to China) but we know more than them at the moment!
Cheers for that.
Best I go collect my deposit.

AO Silver Member

Garage
Hold your horses ladies and gents..

As far as I know and this was confirmed by Alfa, the production plan is still on schedule for the 4C. No delays expected.

Deliveries will start end of September..

US will start getting LE's after LA in Novemeber

RHD 4C LE's will still get their cars close to the time stated on their contracts.

Australia, HK etc seems to be another issue all together. No clear details on 4C LE's or 4C's in general as and when and what cars will arrive at these countries.

So lets not get worked up about 'delays' just yet. As I stated I was told months ago already that 4C RHD standard cars will only hit the manufacturing line in Q1:2014 (so perhaps thats what the AUS guys heard from AR Italy and they were actually expecting cars in Q1:2014 (AUS as far as I know are still expecting 4C LE's there in early 2014). They then got a little confused and misunderstood the message from Alfa that all RHD be it LE's or standard will only be manufactured in Q1:2014).
AO Silver Member

Garage
Kaliber and moneymonk..

check your PM's..
AO Silver Member

Garage
Okay I believe AR Italy is giving various countries AR Brand Ambassadors a feedback session in Italy as we speak.

From what I gather there was no mention at all of any delays in the 4C Production Schedule. Said they sticking to 1st deliveries taking place end of September 2013
Monkeymonk

Quote:
Okay I believe AR Italy is giving various countries AR Brand Ambassadors a feedback session in Italy as we speak.

From what I gather there was no mention at all of any delays in the 4C Production Schedule. Said they sticking to 1st deliveries taking place end of September 2013
Had an Email from Alfa Romeo Italy saying they should have an answer for me in the next couple of days regarding Australian delivery dates. Fingers crossed

AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeymonk View Post
Had an Email from Alfa Romeo Italy saying they should have an answer for me in the next couple of days regarding Australian delivery dates. Fingers crossed
Just keep Kaliber (and Leslie beck from another forum) in the loop.. I used some of my last "capital" with AR Italy last week in trying to assist you Aussie guys..
Monkeymonk

Quote:
Just keep Kaliber (and Leslie beck from another forum) in the loop.. I used some of my last "capital" with AR Italy last week in trying to assist you Aussie guys..

Thanks for all your help Perreby

AR Italy have been fantastic. They have responded to all my enquiries

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
OK, I'm going to give out a name here...
Damien Dally, Alfa UK brand manager. (not "someone at Fiat", or a mate down the pub's best friend's sister's friend's cousin's mistress's friend's brother)

Here's a quote from Autocar:
Dally says when 4C deliveries start in September, it will provide a “sports car halo” for the brand just ahead of the launch of the new-generation mainstream models.
Alfa Romeo 4C to inspire future designs | Autocar
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
on the strength of the "Meanwhile, Alfa UK has sold 50 of the 4C Launch Editions and expects to shift a larger number once the 1000-per-year production is in train" in the Autocar article, I wondered whether the run was not yet sold out, and rang my local dealer in the East Midlands dealer to ask about availability (I originally baulked at forking out 16k deposit on a car that no journalist or punter had driven, just in case it is was disappointing to drive as the 8c ultimately was). His answer was that the LE is indeed sold out, that they had sold 2, and while they had been told to expect deliveries soon, they are now anticipating a six month delay, with standard editions a further six months away.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
delayed , production , rhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page