Pogea Racing 4C - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 17-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Pogea Racing 4C

Alfa Romeo 4C tuned by Pogea Racing | evo

For those who say the 4C isnt powerful enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Lincolnshire
Only plans.. I'll believe it when I see it!
AO Member

County: Istanbul
410 bhp on a car that weighs less than a ton? That should offer an insane drive, a little too insane in fact

How do you people think it would affect the car in the long term? I'm thinking that kind of tweak (from 237 to 410 and an increase in the torque figures as well) may cause some problems concerning the parts of the engine
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnztktk View Post
410 bhp on a car that weighs less than a ton? That should offer an insane drive, a little too insane in fact

How do you people think it would affect the car in the long term? I'm thinking that kind of tweak (from 237 to 410 and an increase in the torque figures as well) may cause some problems concerning the parts of the engine
hmmm. gearbox might struggle
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

I too was thinking the gearbox could suffer a fit and die a horrible, somewhat noisy death
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

I also noticed that they left the headlights alone. Let round X of headlights suck/are great commence
AO Platinum Member

County: Mpumalanga
I would think the TcT will be able to handle that power. Most twin clutch transmissions of late can handle MUCH more power and torque than we think. RS3/M3/M5 and those are road going cars, let's not talk about super cars.

I'm patiently waiting for a GQV with a TCT and then I'll modify it to see what the gearbox can hold...it should hold that power.

Oh, I'd like to see this turbo they add ot the 1750 motor, and especially how quick it will spool up
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
No ways this TCT will handle more than 350 torque.. It will pop pretty quickly if more torque is introduced.

These Pogea guys are talking pie in the sky...

Although.. Motoring.com.au had the following to say about the TCT "Alfa engineers insisted that the TCT could handle 400Nm of input torque, but the gearbox’s official maximum rating is 350Nm, which is precisely the maximum torque the 2.0-litre turbo-diesel JTDM four-cylinder produces"

Last edited by Perreby_83; 21-06-13 at 09:03.
AO Platinum Member

County: Mpumalanga
Quote:
Originally Posted by yster View Post
No ways this TCT will handle more than 350 torque.. It will pop pretty quickly if more torque is introduced.

Although.. Motoring.com.au had the following to say about the TCT "Alfa engineers insisted that the TCT could handle 400Nm of input torque, but the gearbox’s official maximum rating is 350Nm, which is precisely the maximum torque the 2.0-litre turbo-diesel JTDM four-cylinder produces"
Yep, when the DSG came out the same was said, now it handles over 600Nm easily with NO mods. I'm pretty sure seeing everything AR went through to get the 4C "ready" and looking at its production process that the gearbox limit of 350Nm was not tested and improved during testing...that 4C just begs to be tuned, I'm predicting we'll see alot of tuned versions when its released!
AO Silver Member

County: Inverclyde

Member car:

'04 156 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perreby_83 View Post

Pogea have came back with a fairly detailed technical response on their website. The 350Nm limit probably has a significant factor of safety on it. See the response on the Pogea website here

Alan
AO Silver Member

County: East Sussex
Headline grabbing, jump on the band wagon.Bul***t
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
I bet sooner or later Alfa will offer a Quadrifoglio version or even GTA (though not sure how much more Alleggerita it can get).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
pogea , racing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page