De Telegraaf: First meters with the 4C! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 29-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
MiTo Lounge Winner 09

County: -
De Telegraaf: First meters with the 4C!

I don't understand much of the talk, but the pictures alone…

Watch the video here: Autovisie TV: eerste meters met Alfa Romeo 4C - Nieuws | Altijd op de hoogte van het laatste nieuws met Telegraaf.nl [Autovisie TV]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

I want to know what he is saying......Can anyone provide a rough translation?
AO Member

County: Istanbul
So it begins.. I can't wait to see more tests of the car!
Perreby

Saw this last night..

Doesn't say much..

Just that seating position is perfect and you feel as part of the car..

And then goes on to complain it needs more power (which I cannot see how you would be able to comment on that if you only drove it less than 1km).

AO Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

Rosso/Tan GTV V6

As it happens, I was on a bus on the road that goes past that building on Monday and spotted the 4c parked outside!

I was visiting my parents for a long weekend and unfortunately there wasn't the time to make a special trip to have a closer look and take some pics.
AO Member

County: Noord Holland

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.2 jts

In addition of Perreby's remarks;

He started by saying that's not a real test because Alfa wouldn't let him take the car on the streets, he claims that Autovisie tried everything possible to persuade Alfa but they wouldn't let him. There are only three 4C's at the moment and they are used for events/publicity in Europe only (like Goodwood/Louwman Museum/Essen Classica, etc). So they were only allowed to "test" the car on the Louwman Museum premisses.

Furthermore he's stating that the 4C is a mini Super car, Super car because of the carbon fibre tub, which is produced by the same company (Adler) that produces the LaFerrari tub, which he explains, is even quite similar in dimensions.

Then he goes on about the performance figures and the gearbox , which in contrast to the equivalent Quilietta gearbox, can be put in a race modus. Followed by the remark that the 4C has a transverse engine layout, a perfect weight distribution and a real differential.

Then he shortly reveals (shortly he explains because he cannot say anything about the high speed behaviour of the 4C) some of the driving characteristics, that it feels very compact, very manoeuvrable, and that he feels a strong resemblance with the Lotus Elise. He goes on about the honest steering wheel feel, with a good position of the gearbox paddles and the quick, crisp gear changes and that this 4C is a perfect base for a more powerful version. He ends the "test" by saying that he feels the 4C is a comparison between a Lotus Elise and the Alfa 8C.

Last edited by OneManShow2; 29-05-13 at 20:13.
AO Member

County: Istanbul
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManShow2 View Post
In addition of Perreby's remarks;

He started by saying that's not a real test because Alfa wouldn't let him take the car on the streets, he claims that Autovisie tried everything possible to persuade Alfa but they wouldn't let him. There are only three 4C's at the moment and they are used for events/publicity in Europe only (like Goodwood/Louwman Museum/Essen Classica, etc). So they were only allowed to "test" the car on the Louwman Museum premisses.

Furthermore he's stating that the 4C is a mini Super car, Super car because of the carbon fibre tub, which is produced by the same company (Adler) that produces the LaFerrari tub, which he explains, is even quite similar in dimensions.

Then he goes on about the performance figures and the gearbox , which in contrast to the equivalent Quilietta gearbox, can be put in a race modus. Followed by the remark that the 4C has an transverse engine layout, a perfect weight distribution and a real differential.

Then he shortly reveals (shortly he explains because he cannot say anything about the high speed behaviour of the 4C) some of the driving characteristics, that it feels very compact, very manoeuvrable, and that he feels a strong resemblance with the Lotus Elise. He goes on about the honest steering wheel feel, with a good position of the gearbox paddles and the quick, crisp gear changes and that this 4C is a perfect base for a more powerful version. He ends the "test" by saying that he feels the 4C is a comparison between a Lotus Elise and the Alfa 8C.
Thanks a lot for the translation! I was wondering what the initals views were like after the faux-roadtesting of the 4C
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Thanks OneManShow2. I just want one more now.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
..the 4C has .. a real differential.
Does it? I thought it was going to have a pretend "electronic diff" where the computer applies the brakes to stop the inside wheel from spinning up.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.2 jts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_NZ View Post
Does it? I thought it was going to have a pretend "electronic diff" where the computer applies the brakes to stop the inside wheel from spinning up.
I think it has, but I'm not sure. I only translated what the reporter of the "test" (teaser is a better word) said.

The Quilietta QV has an electronic diff. that's for sure.
AO Silver Member

County: Bristol

Member car:

Alfa GT

Quote:
He ends the "test" by saying that he feels the 4C is a comparison between a Lotus Elise and the Alfa 8C.
That is my idea of heaven....sold (again!)
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.2 jts

Quote:
I think it has, but I'm not sure. I only translated what the reporter of the "test" (teaser is a better word) said.

The Quilietta QV has an electronic diff. that's for sure.
According to the Edmunds article it hasn't got a real diff.:

"The 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C doesn't have a mechanical limited-slip but instead relies on an "electronic" limited slip."

Disappointing, a car like this should have a real diff.
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Quote:
Disappointing, a car like this should have a real diff.
and armrests

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
meters , telegraaf

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page