Uncertainty and delays in the usa - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 11-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Etela-Suomen Laani
The article quotes a release date of June 2015 for the Giulia. So has it been pushed back another year again? I thought it was happening mid 2014!
AO Member

County: Texas

Member car:

I thought the US was a big deal for AR, so can't understand a delay. As much as I love the 4C, I will buy something else if I don't get it by year-end.
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstoy View Post
I thought the US was a big deal for AR, so can't understand a delay. As much as I love the 4C, I will buy something else if I don't get it by year-end.
I am sorry but I don't think you have ANY chance of getting it before year end. Launch Editions in Europe are being delivered this Autumn with cars coming to the UK from November onwards....
I think they might start sales in the US by the summer with deliveries at the earliest Q1 2014 for Launch Editions and summer 2014 for the others

PS The carbonfibre tub is fantastic but it's made by hand and takes a hell of a long time to build

AO Member

Member car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deppi0 View Post
I am sorry but I don't think you have ANY chance of getting it before year end. Launch Editions in Europe are being delivered this Autumn with cars coming to the UK from November onwards....
I think they might start sales in the US by the summer with deliveries at the earliest Q1 2014 for Launch Editions and summer 2014 for the others

PS The carbonfibre tub is fantastic but it's made by hand and takes a hell of a long time to build
In that case I'm moving back to the UK.
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

At the Geneva launch, Wester mentioned US pricing would be revealed at the North American 4C premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November, and would go on sale there before the end of the year...maybe Dec 31 at 11:59pm?
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

elise

"go on sale" and "Delivered" are not the same though
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by w509yer View Post
"go on sale" and "Delivered" are not the same though
True that.
AO Member

Member car:

I feel like I'm back to my school days of delayed empty promises. A part of me (the dumb part) is still ok as long as I can get an order in this year some time.
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

I know how you feel. We're still waiting in Australia to find out the cost and availability of the Launch Edition. When the 4C was announced, Fiat Aust said the 4C would be under $80k, but the LE would be a little over. Whether they stick to that is anyone's guess.

Whilst we at least have Alfa dealers, take comfort in the fact you don't get slammed with the "Australia Tax". We get gouged over here and can pay double what you'd pay in the US for cars, watches, clothing...pretty much everything.

In the US a 2013 P*rsche 911 Carrera S is RRP US$99k. In Australia it's AUD$263k. And our dollar is worth the same as yours!

Last edited by kaliber45; 14-05-13 at 14:40.
AO Member

Member car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliber45 View Post
I know how you feel. We're still waiting in Australia to find out the cost and availability of the Launch Edition. When the 4C was announced, Fiat Aust said the 4C would be under $80k, but the LE would be a little over. Whether they stick to that is anyone's guess.

Whilst we at least have Alfa dealers, take comfort in the fact you don't get slammed with the "Australia Tax". We get gouged over here and can pay double what you'd pay in the US for cars, watches, clothing...pretty much everything.

In the US a 2013 P*rsche 911 Carrera S is RRP US$99k. In Australia it's AUD$263k. And our dollar is worth the same as yours!
Thanks. Funny you say that, because the 911 (991) is the car I was about to get.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
delays , uncertainty , usa

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page