No chance of getting a 4c - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 55 Old 26-03-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Garage
No chance of getting a 4c

Just been having an email exchange with Damien Dally at Alfa as to why my dealer after 18 months of telling me "I was first on their list for a 4C" then turned round and said "we aren't getting any, goodbye!" and the best comment from Alfas Brand Manager was "We're dealing with everyone from Professional footballers and celebrities down toyou and I" obviously loyal Alfa owners even with the cash to put down aren't regarded as the kind of customers Alfa want !

Read into that comment what you will !

If anyone wants a 61 plate 159 2.0 Ti saloon with less than 12k on the clock message me as I've had it with Alfa after this
Col 156 jtd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire
Thats a shocking thing to say !! Everyone's money is all the same as far as i knew. It'll be Alfa PR men wanting celebs photo'ed in the new car.
(Post Link) post #3 of 55 Old 26-03-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Garage
Dealer Principal came out with an even better comment "Only thing I can suggest is you ring round other Alfa Dealers, there's only fifty odd, and see if someone else can get you a car" !! from the Dealer Principal at Lookers Alfa in Sheffield to save any confusion... customer service or what? The sales guy I'd been dealing with didn't even have the front to call me back himself...
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire
my view is that Professional Footballers are the scum of the earth, and if I see Alfa associating their brand with them, then I may very well stop buying Alfa

I share your astonishment and anger

Absolutely outrageous

[edit] = had a quick chat with a very senior bod at a very large PR company that /might/ have something to do with FGA / Alfa. He said "send a polite letter and a copy of that by email and registered post to the CFO and regional MD, that will get a result, albeit they may not be able to displace a build order, they will certainly issue some form of recompense and take internal action"

If it is any consolation, I had nothing but fine manners and respect from Alfa Italy

DavidJWBailey

Last edited by davidjwbailey; 26-03-13 at 16:48.
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigethecat View Post
Dealer Principal came out with an even better comment "Only thing I can suggest is you ring round other Alfa Dealers, there's only fifty odd, and see if someone else can get you a car" !! from the Dealer Principal at Lookers Alfa in Sheffield to save any confusion... customer service or what? The sales guy I'd been dealing with didn't even have the front to call me back himself...
Have a look around for a contact in alfa uk or even better Italy specifically dealing with the 4c. They are very helpfull and friendly. Probably can't do much to help anymore if your dealer has allocated "his" car to someone else but at least you can have someone that will listen to you.

AO Member

County: Istanbul
Quote:
Originally Posted by deppi0 View Post
Have a look around for a contact in alfa uk or even better Italy specifically dealing with the 4c. They are very helpfull and friendly. Probably can't do much to help anymore if your dealer has allocated "his" car to someone else but at least you can have someone that will listen to you.
I also tried reaching out to the Italians, but so for not so good. I e-mailed three different people and didn't get a reply from a single one of them.
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
If you look at Damien Dallys CV he was an 8C special sales person. You'd think there would be a similar set-up for the 4C but personnel may be thinner on the ground in today's market . The footballers may get them some column inches but only when one of them make a rare Alfa rarer.
They were certainly not letting mere Giulietta owners like me anywhere near the cars at Geneva when I asked .
Gaz
Regional Support North
Is there a meet near you?

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjwbailey View Post
my view is that Professional Footballers are the scum of the earth, and if I see Alfa associating their brand with them, then I may very well stop buying Alfa
Paul Robinson, ex Leeds, Tottenham, England and current 3rd choice Blackburn 'keeper had, if not still has, an 8C Competizione
GTA_Nigel

That's appalling. You should take this as high as possible and let Alfa Italy know how you feel. Typical of how they treat loyal customers. I can imagine if you just fetched up now and asked for a launch model that response may be justified but you have been registered for 18 months.

I would take this to the motoring press. It shows Alfa and its dealers still have a lot to learn about customer care. The 4C is hot news and this will make a few column inches. Nice little headline - Alfa 4C for celebs only, not loyal customers...

Cheers,

Nigel

AO Member

County: Noord Holland

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.2 jts

Quote:

I share your astonishment and anger

Absolutely outrageous
That may be the case, but let's be honest, the 4C is all about marketing, brand promotion. Just like the 8C was, so I'm not surprised that Alfa "shortens" the queue for the famous folks among us. They did the same with the 8C.
AO Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Unbelievably bad customer service, definitely take it as far up the line as you can

Although sadly that's how the world is panning out, it's completely fecked to be honest. Scumbags get ahead and decent folk don't (generalisation but certainly seems true where I live)

Personally, and this is nothing to do with this thread as I felt this before reading this thread. If I see a footballer or a 'famous' person (Which means F*all these days considering TOWIE people are 'famous') driving a car or wearing a particular brand etc, if anything it puts me off.
Sadly the general public don't see it that way. I can understand Alfa needing to survive etc but your' 16k deposit is just as good as some gimp that runs around a grass pitch kicking a ball and falling over crying at the slightest touch. Angers me....The car should do the talking not the people who drive it. Alfa sort it out or I'm also jumping ship after my 159
AO Silver Member

County: Oxfordshire
Quote:

Well said that man
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
Why not wait six months and buy it then when all the Towie/footballist/d listers have all exchanged them for the latest Benleyghini continentaventador? You'll probably burn the deposit in six months over the final residual. Pretty car but I'd rather save for an 8c...
AO Member

Member car:

Rosso/Tan GTV V6

Quote:
...if I see Alfa associating their brand with them, then I may very well stop buying Alfa
I can understand the OP's frustrations but this is a lame reason to choose to buy a car or not.

OP don't worry, the launch edition isn't as nice as the normal one. A bit like the GTV Cups!
AO Silver Member

County: Bristol
This is the kind of **** that is what is wrong with the world today.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2 GTV View Post
I can understand the OP's frustrations but this is a lame reason to choose to buy a car or not.
In hindsight, you are right, sorry
Let them have them, and the market will have 200 second hand launch editions within 3 months at a 50% discount. It would have been 300, but the muppets who kick inflated bladders for a living will have wrapped 100 models into the armco, drunk or on drugs, by then.

http://www.carsite.co.uk/news/articl...-crashes/12205
AO Silver Member

County: Gloucestershire
Garage
Money talks, as with any new car the first ones will have floors, the 8C's handling was improved on the convertable version. There are lots of other brands/ competition out there. Even the price has increased to over 50k since conception for which you could by a well sorted "new" Cayman or a second hand GTR. Car companies will do whatever they can to promote their brands to the "celebrity" circle. Just look at the competition to have the "red carpet" transport for awards, launches etc. Be realistic, don't let the dealers who behave like you are beneath them have your business.
AO Silver Member

Garage
Alternatively buy a low mileage Maserati Gransport which at less than 30k must be better value than a 4C.
AO Gold Member

County: Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maser3200 View Post
Money talks, as with any new car the first ones will have floors,
I wouldn't buy a car without a floor!
AO Silver Member

Second hand Maser is an idea, but lease terms are atrocious,
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
I wouldn't buy a car without a floor!
Even if it saved weight? A 4C without a floor would be so light you could pedal yourself along like Fred Flintstone.

Second hand Maserati Gransports are cheaper here than the 4C is likely to be, but I imagine the running costs would quickly address that.
RSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManShow2 View Post
That may be the case, but let's be honest, the 4C is all about marketing, brand promotion. Just like the 8C was, so I'm not surprised that Alfa "shortens" the queue for the famous folks among us. They did the same with the 8C.
What he said.

Don't know why everybody is so surprised at this.

The 4c has virtually nothing in common with the current range of Alfas and is a brand halo marketing exercise being pitched at a completely different demographic to the current "average" Alfa customer. In the vast majority of cases I imagine that if AR spa. could bypass the UK dealer network for 4C sales then they would.

I do of course appreciate that this isn't particularly fair.

deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK View Post
In the vast majority of cases I imagine that if AR spa. could bypass the UK dealer network for 4C sales then they would.
They are more or less doing this already as dealers in Europe at least only act as agents for the 4c Launch Edition. The deposit is paid to Alfa Italy, the contract is with them too and the final payment is also made to Italy directly. The dealers have almost no info about the Launch Edition, about the options or much else really for now. Any customer question is forwarded to Italy and then the reply is purely relayed onto the customer.

From what I understand the 1 LE per dealer was tough but feasible in the UK but much more difficult in other countries. Some dealers in Europe have ZERO allocation for the LE so all they can do is turn away customers and tll them o come back for the normal car later in the year....

AO Silver Member

Garage
The new Jag F type looks attractive.
AO Member

County: Istanbul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maser3200 View Post
The new Jag F type looks attractive.
So does a secondhand XKR

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
chance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page