Rest of the World - 100 Allocation - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 18 Old 22-03-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

Rest of the World - 100 Allocation

We all know that the "rest of the world" have an allocation of 100... I'm part of that contingent and thought it would be good to collect information in one thread.

So..I'm from Australia and nobody has any idea on:
a. how many Australia will get
b. how they will be distributed

Anyone from HK, South Africa, NZ etc know how many they are getting and how they are being distributed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Perreby

I was told SA is getting 30...

County: New South Wales

Member car:

alfa mito sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliber45 View Post
We all know that the "rest of the world" have an allocation of 100... I'm part of that contingent and thought it would be good to collect information in one thread.

So..I'm from Australia and nobody has any idea on:
a. how many Australia will get
b. how they will be distributed

Anyone from HK, South Africa, NZ etc know how many they are getting and how they are being distributed?
Hi - Usefull new thread - I am from Sydney - McCarrolls Alfa Romeo are taking $500 deposits- I understand they have taken about 6 already - Not clear yet on what that secures - Very limited info at this stage.
(Post Link) post #4 of 18 Old 26-03-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

If it's anything like the UK where each dealer got one Launch Edition it's going to be bad.

There were 17 Alfa dealers in Australia last year but Fiat-Chrysler want to boost it to 40-something this year and I think they're up to 39 now. Two Chrysler dealers just started selling Alfa's in Perth, so we've gone from 1 to 3 dealers in the space of a few weeks. Methinks in time to rebrand Alfa with the 4C.

I have a feeling every dealer - regardless of how old or new - will be allocated a Launch Edition in Australia. It makes sense that we would get 40 of the 100 available, and why would Alfa go to all the trouble of establishing new dealers if only some got the Launch Edition?

However, I've hedged my bets and paid deposits at two dealers and am #1 and #3 on their lists. Am #3 at the long-standing established dealer and #1 at a dealer who only started selling Alfa's a few weeks ago - they are so new that they knew NOTHING about the 4C.

If by some remote chance I end up with two, it means I can get a white and a red one
AO Member

County: Noord Holland

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.2 jts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliber45 View Post

I have a feeling every dealer - regardless of how old or new - will be allocated a Launch Edition in Australia. It makes sense that we would get 40 of the 100 available, and why would Alfa go to all the trouble of establishing new dealers if only some got the Launch Edition?
Given the limited production of the 4C, I don't think Alfa established new dealers just for the 4C.

I think the upcoming Guilia, an Alfa 166 replacement, the Alfa spider and a possible Alfa SUV are more likely reasons.......
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire
that is only at launch - what is the annual allocation thereafter?
Perreby

Annual production for normal production 4C will be spread 1500 to US, 1200 to EMEA and 800 too rest of world.. I stand to be corrected tho.

(Post Link) post #8 of 18 Old 11-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Received an email from AR a few hours ago requesting more info be added on the "want to buy form" that's on the 4C website. New fields have been added. Apparently it's so the nearest dealer can contact me. However my nearest dealer already has 6 deposits for the 4C so I think there are going to be some very disappointed people.
AO Member

County: Istanbul
Alfa Romeo Turkey has set the price to 110.000 Euros, so it would be impossible for them to sell more than 5 here, even though there are 2 8C's in Turkey. I think we have the most expensive 4C's in the world.
(Post Link) post #10 of 18 Old 14-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Ouch. That's incredibly expensive. Did they say why so much?
AO Member

Our taxing system pushes the price upwards. The 4C is taxed for 80% of its base price, so you kind of pay for 1.8 cars just to buy 1.
Perreby

Wow that is crazy expensive.. We pay equivilent of 67K Euro's including taxes..

AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnztktk View Post
Our taxing system pushes the price upwards. The 4C is taxed for 80% of its base price, so you kind of pay for 1.8 cars just to buy 1.
In Denmark you pay for 3 cars to buy 1.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-team View Post
In Denmark you pay for 3 cars to buy 1.
Our taxing system for cars is based on the size of the engines. Thankfully the 4C has the same engine as the GQV so it is not that expensive. As the size of the engine increases the multiplier increases as well.

Along with Denmark, Turkey is one of the worst countries to own a car
AO Member

Well the base price for QV is 40k eur here compared to 30k eur of Italy. They both fall in the same tax range of 1600-1800cc, so 4C should normally be around 80k euros instead of 110k. It's AR Turkey (and the Koc Family ) to blame because of their exaggerated pricing.
(Post Link) post #16 of 18 Old 29-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

Hey Perreby, how is the allocation working in SA? I know you said SA was getting 13 cars. Are customers able to configure the LE the way they want re: options and colours, or is AR SA deciding the spec?
Perreby

Hi,

We can only chose colour and the number we want.

The other specs are the same across the board for all SA bound LE's (PDC, Carcover, cruise control, upgraded audio). You can buy the rest afterwards but not with the order.. Think they scared of specs getting mixed up.

(Post Link) post #18 of 18 Old 07-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

4C LE

I was informed that Australia will get 50 of the 100. This information did not come from a dealer.

There is no information as yet on whether owners will be able to choose their spec.

Last edited by kaliber45; 07-05-13 at 05:10.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
100 , allocation , rest , world

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page