Standard Edition - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 43 Old 16-03-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Sharon
Standard Edition

Hi,

I just got back fro the Geneva Motor Show. The car is amazing!! Though getting in and out is a little bit tricky. But just a little
It doesn't seem as if Ill be able to get a Launch Edition in my country (though I'm not sure yet).
They said that there were 350 reservations in Germany alone and 135 in Switzerland!
That's a bit crazy since it doesn't leave much for the rest of the world.

So I'm starting to think I'll only get the standard edition.
Anyone has any kind of info about the options it'll have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Bristol

Member car:

Alfa GT

and what it will cost ...!

Interesting to see if you can build a launch edition, though likely for more ££
(Post Link) post #3 of 43 Old 17-03-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Sharon
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Alfisti View Post
and what it will cost ...!

Interesting to see if you can build a launch edition, though likely for more ££
Well, we know it'll be below 60K :-)

God! I cannot take it anymore, I want one!!
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire
The options list was posted in this thread:

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...edition-2.html

Post 38

There is also a link to the full dealer presentation
More news will come out as they assess demand for options

I've asked a dealer to check if there will ever be an option for Bi-LED headlights with carbon surround.
Also curious as to what the option for "battery maintenance" is for
Will probably get audio then leave the wiring loom in and get a good aftermarket headunit with bluetooth / handfree phone / better speakers
AO Member

County: Torino

Member car:

MiTo, 8C Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjwbailey View Post
Also curious as to what the option for "battery maintenance" is for
This, with a different label.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2666898/DSCF0468.jpg
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Keeps the battery in condition while you're not using the car. 4C is very unlikely to be a daily driver, so you do need to make sure that the battery doesn't go completely flat while it's sitting in the garage over Winter.
AO Member

County: Tel Aviv (Gosh Dan)

Member car:

159 Tbi SW

You can get the launch edition in Israel, 1 has been ordered already.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGeek View Post
This, with a different label.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2666898/DSCF0468.jpg
I'll drive it most days - so the battery unlikely to ever go flat :-)
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Does anyone know off hand if the 1.4 MA engine would go into the 4C? I don't see why it wouldn't seeing as the both go into existing cars.
I'm just thinking that Alfa could offer that engine as a cheaper alternative to the TBi and the car would still be pretty quick.
AO Member

County: Greater London
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
Does anyone know off hand if the 1.4 MA engine would go into the 4C? I don't see why it wouldn't seeing as the both go into existing cars.
I'm just thinking that Alfa could offer that engine as a cheaper alternative to the TBi and the car would still be pretty quick.
the 1750 isnt the same engine from giulietta etc. Completely new so it wouldnt be a straight swap
dinomito

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanocirillo View Post
the 1750 isnt the same engine from giulietta etc. Completely new so it wouldnt be a straight swap
Not quite correct there. The 1750 is the same engine as in the Giulietta QV, except it now has an Alloy block.

I too thought that the 1.4 MultiAir engine would be a good lower budget option, I doubt very much if that will happen though.

deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
Not quite correct there. The 1750 is the same engine as in the Giulietta QV, except it now has an Alloy block.

I too thought that the 1.4 MultiAir engine would be a good lower budget option, I doubt very much if that will happen though.
I agree if anything they will add more power instead of removing some. Bear in mind that it is not easy and quick to make that chassis so they don't really "need" or can sell many more than they are "limiting" themselves to.

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa

Hi, the dealer in France just call me , all the 400 for Europe are sold out, congratulations for all happy Few........
deppi0

It seems every dealer has different information than the other. My dealer told me that nobody knows for sure... Alfa is making SUCH A MESS of this!!!

Alfa UK confirmed that my order is ok but they are in any case waiting for final confirmation from Italy. Who knows...but if after paying £16,000 they don't give me one of the Launch Editions I will murder them

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa

My order has Been confirmed , it is not spéculation , since this morning the orders are closed , I have the official communication from Alfa Romeo
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef100 View Post
My order has Been confirmed , it is not spéculation , since this morning the orders are closed , I have the official communication from Alfa Romeo
I am not saying I don't believe you at all. I am just trying to understand if my dealer is telling me BS or we are more or less all in the same boat.
Did you have the final contract from Alfa in Italy?

Thanks a lot

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa

As I already said don t need to have a confirmation from Italy
In France I signed an order with à deposit of 10%. 6000 euros with all the details including the terms of délivery , maximum 31/12/2013 , including the visit of Maserati plant and driving session
Yesterday my bank account -6000 euros , so the contract is called in France"perfect" , i Will pay the rest and Alfa délivers the car b regards stef
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Gav View Post
Doesn't seem likely. It's a halo car. Adding a less powerful motor would "tarnish" the 4C brand to a certain degree. They will probably add more power.

Personally I would see it as a bit of a waste for them to have Maserati build a carbon chassied car with a less powerful engine which is also found in the Fiat 500.

Also you won't see Audi add a 2 liter diesel engine to the R8.

For a cheaper sports car they will release the new Mazda partnership spider.
AO Silver Member

PS - UK dealers demanded a £16,000 deposit - you got away lightly in France!
deppi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjwbailey View Post
PS - UK dealers demanded a £16,000 deposit - you got away lightly in France!
Incredible really as from the internal brochure I have seen it is supposed to be a Euro strategy with no possibility of changes on price, order procedure, options, etc for the launch version!
Either Alfa is doing something really weird (very possible) or your dealer has got it completely wrong.... I hope the first one is correct.

By the way from the internal memo I saw Italy must confirm the sale as the dealer only acts as a sales agents and the purchase is made with Alfa directly and not the dealers.

Anyway as I said I hope your dealer is correct and that you will get the launch edition

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa

Alfa Romeo Fix a maximum Level of orders , for France is almost 55/60 , I am in relation with the product manager for France in Paris , that´s the reason why they have sent this morning an internal mémo for all dealers, it is impossible now to order a launch version , the dealer put people who are interested in à list , Alfa Romeo Will see if it is possible to have an extra production in Maserati and Will answer in one month , the contract is established by the dealer, so for me no Doubt to have the car , they cań't cancel my order
AO Member

County: Western Australia

Member car:

4C LE

At least you had the ability to place an order for the Launch Edition. Nobody in Australia knows what is going on, when you can order nor how many of the 100 allocated for "rest of the world" will come here.
CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
I haven't heard any more from Alfa so far after requesting a launch edition on the day it was announced for sale and having the form filled in.
With the exception a week ago of them asking for some odd kind of survey information,
up to yesterday my dealer hadn't heard anything more either. There isn't much information, I'm guessing they are too busy coping with the aftermath of the Geneva show.
Perreby

I know I am confirmed to have one.. But still waiting for the actual contract between myself and AR..

Apparently South Africa will get around 30 4C LE cars..

deppi0

I wish I could copy paste the emails I have received since my order on Saturday to show you guys how lost they are.... They basically don't know what they are doing and what to do!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
edition , standard

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page