New info on 4C with price - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 108 Old 02-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: California

Member car:

bike

New info on 4C with price

Insider: Alfa Romeo 4C gets 240PS / 270PS, Racing, Stradale & Roadster Variants Confirmed - Carscoop

Moreover, our source said that Alfa is targeting a price between €56,000 and €64,000 (equal to US$76,400-$87,300 at today's rates), depending on the trim level, in Switzerland.

This means that the 4C will be priced closer to the base 275PS Cayman, which costs €57,500 (US$79,000) in Switzerland rather than the 325PS Cayman S, which at €71,230 (US$97,300) is far more expensive. To get an idea of what it may cost in the States, the base Cayman has an MSRP of $52,600, and Cayman S, $63,800.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire
Makes no sense at all to launch it with a 235bhp engine and then release a 270bhp engine 6 months later.

Ditto - that price (even including Swiss taxes) is €19,000 more than the first press release price (€35,000 -45,000) and €64,000 is 'off the scale' when translated to UK prices

still, no motoring journalist has ever got it right about Alfa, so I'm guessing this lot are no more likely to be correct than the last lot
AO Member

County: Etela-Suomen Laani
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjwbailey View Post
Makes no sense at all to launch it with a 235bhp engine and then release a 270bhp engine 6 months later.

Ditto - that price (even including Swiss taxes) is €19,000 more than the first press release price (€35,000 -45,000) and €64,000 is 'off the scale' when translated to UK prices

still, no motoring journalist has ever got it right about Alfa, so I'm guessing this lot are no more likely to be correct than the last lot
Agree - that's why I reckon it'll be launched with the 270bhp engine i.e. the special launch edition and then 6 months later the 235bhp engine will join the range at a lower price point.

Porsche Cayman price seems logical for the smaller engine 4C. The Cayman costs from £39,600 so that sounds about right for the 4C before options and on smallest engine.

Last edited by ajs178; 03-02-13 at 09:32. Reason: Added Cayman UK price
Perreby

The speculation and guessing is gonna get worse until we finally received the details from AR.

Let's hope on the 12th when they release the production version pictures that they will supply more details with it..

AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

4C

to be honest a price of around 55Euros would be justified with 296bhp and under 900kg. wouldn't mind a less powerful version for something less though
AO Silver Member

Quote:
..according to our insider, global production will be limited to just 2,000 units, equally split between the coupe (1,000 units) and the roadster model (1,000 units)..
Do they actually want to sell any of these cars?
If they launch it with the Giulietta's engine and essentially its power output though, my pessimistic poll guess will be spot on.

Last edited by Ben_NZ; 03-02-13 at 11:41.
LFM
AO Member

County: Viborg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_NZ View Post
Do they actually want to sell any of these cars?
If they launch it with the Giulietta's engine and essentially its power output though, my pessimistic poll guess will be spot on.
I don't think the 4C will be limited to 2000 units. This car has the potential to not only show that Alfa really is on its way back, but also make some money for Alfa. I am sure Mr. Marchionne is well aware of this, and therefore won't be throwing this away by only producing 2000 units. But let's wait and see
(Post Link) post #8 of 108 Old 04-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: California

Member car:

bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFM View Post
I don't think the 4C will be limited to 2000 units. This car has the potential to not only show that Alfa really is on its way back, but also make some money for Alfa. I am sure Mr. Marchionne is well aware of this, and therefore won't be throwing this away by only producing 2000 units. But let's wait and see
I thought I read somewhere that they will be limited in production the first year only.
Perreby

Only thing limited about this car is the launch edition..

After full production ramps up they should make 2500 a year.. For about 7 years..

Last edited by Perreby; 04-02-13 at 12:13.

AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
http://www.motorward.com/2013/02/alf...etails-emerge/

Saw the official performance figures (apparently) through my ipad car app and also found this link.
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
AO Gold Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

'96 GTV TS

Sounds like a load if horse****e to me!
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

GTV v6

Back to the price thread,,, just saw that the new Jag F Type is gonna be around 58K.. Anyone any opinions on this new car??. I think it looks pretty good..

Cheers
Goose
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Jag are my second fav car maker .. and they are actually going places ! the F Type looks superb... the rear end is brilliant .. in fact it reminds me a bit of an Alfa (SZ. 159) somehow at the back...
AO Silver Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Mito 1.4 16v.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
Back to the price thread,,, just saw that the new Jag F Type is gonna be around 58K.. Anyone any opinions on this new car??. I think it looks pretty good..

Cheers
Goose
I specced up a V6S (not even the V8 ) to the spec I would be happy purchasing the car.

£81,500

At least £5,000 of that should have been standard on the car.
CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubizzle View Post
I specced up a V6S (not even the V8 ) to the spec I would be happy purchasing the car.

£81,500

At least £5,000 of that should have been standard on the car.
That's bordering on insane.

I love Jags too, never owned one though. Most manufacturers seem to be getting greedier, especially with extras that should be standard.
AO Silver Member

Jags, BMW, Audi, Merc still utterly take the P155 on option prices - most of them have a 90% margin over cost and are only sold on "ego"
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Mito 1.4 16v.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjwbailey View Post
Jags, BMW, Audi, Merc still utterly take the P155 on option prices - most of them have a 90% margin over cost and are only sold on "ego"
Only BMW have historically taken the p*ss out of those, but they are making some good value cars (M135i is a LOT of car for the money); Audi are getting worse and Jag hae recently become ridiculous.

Mercedes aren't anywhere near as bad as those three on pricing of extras, but they're still not great. Jag seem to have taken a leaf out of Porsche's book of "reasonable starting price, unreasonable lack of equipment" with the F-Type. You can get an awful lot of car for £80k, and that will probably become £87k for the V8. Give me an R8 or a 911S from stock, thank you.

Also, BMW & Mercedes are sold on quality, comfort and ability. It would be naive to suggest otherwise. Their cars are consistently fighting to be class leaders in almost every field.

Audi not so much. Dressed up VWs, poorly built, average to drive, flawed.

Blue Mito, Tan leather. 'Nuff said!
daveb257

On the subject of ridiculous options, anyone notched the new Range Rover has no front fog lights, they're a £140 option unless you buy an Autobiography starting at £92k

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Mito 1.4 16v.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb257 View Post
On the subject of ridiculous options, anyone notched the new Range Rover has no front fog lights, they're a £140 option unless you buy an Autobiography starting at £92k
Pathetic.

Here are some other gems:
F-Type (again. V8 this time, starting at £80k):
£250 for stainless steel pedal covers
£120 - premium carpet mats (£200 for sports carpets)
£50 for sunvisor with mirror
£55 for air quality sensor
£615 for Xenons

Porsche 911 S
£526 for sports tailpipes, NOT the sports system. Just the tips.
£121 for floor mats
£1200 for factory collection. You know, saving them the hassle of delivering your beast.

Audi R8 - Admittedly far better than its rivals, here
£175 for bluetooth phone prep. My £14k Mito came with this as standard.

When did carpets and the most basic telephone preparation become options on £90,000 cars?!
AO Member

County: Etela-Suomen Laani
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubizzle View Post
Pathetic.

Here are some other gems:
F-Type (again. V8 this time, starting at £80k):
£250 for stainless steel pedal covers
£120 - premium carpet mats (£200 for sports carpets)
£50 for sunvisor with mirror
£55 for air quality sensor
£615 for Xenons

Porsche 911 S
£526 for sports tailpipes, NOT the sports system. Just the tips.
£121 for floor mats
£1200 for factory collection. You know, saving them the hassle of delivering your beast.

Audi R8 - Admittedly far better than its rivals, here
£175 for bluetooth phone prep. My £14k Mito came with this as standard.

When did carpets and the most basic telephone preparation become options on £90,000 cars?!
I've also noticed that this is their game i.e. make huge profit from optional extras. But I say we stick it to them, call their bluff, and keep buying the basic spec car with very few extras. They won't like it but as far as I am concerned, if you've got a base spec car in the price list, I have every right NOT to tick your option boxes. Normally the cost of options isn't translated to second hand price anyway, so the more you tick the more you lose when it comes to selling.
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
It's a classic throw-in feature ,the mats!
I forgot to ask with the Giulietta but if they price them high , then give them away , aren't they generous.
And most Porsches are pre-reg or demo , so putting "extras" on bumps up the value. A colleague was delighted when his ex demo Boxster was in a slightly different and special silver that supposedly cost an extra £2000 . To whom , if they made it for themselves! ( Two-thirds of Porsches in Germany were first registered to Porsche according to figures a couple of years ago.)
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Mito 1.4 16v.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs178 View Post
I've also noticed that this is their game i.e. make huge profit from optional extras. But I say we stick it to them, call their bluff, and keep buying the basic spec car with very few extras. They won't like it but as far as I am concerned, if you've got a base spec car in the price list, I have every right NOT to tick your option boxes. Normally the cost of options isn't translated to second hand price anyway, so the more you tick the more you lose when it comes to selling.
I would really like to agree, but bluetooth and xenons are all things I would 100% want on my car. Mats and pedals I'd go aftermarket, but the others would be essential from delivery. I'd rather just not buy the car and go to a rival.

And if I have an £80,000 convertible, don't be so ridiculous as to charge me £250 for some poxy wind deflector.
CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
That's why I bought my Mazda 3 MPS, everything was included for the price, no options at all and all the kit was there. On top of this it was £6k less than the specced up Guilietta Cloverleaf I wanted (but didn't like the interior of).
I now have it for sale and one of the reasons is because I don't love it. It's ok, goes quick and all that, but it's just a car, there's something missing - Is that learning something the hard way?

I compared on paper - it was a no brainer. Trouble for me that didnt work because cars aren't just numbers. they feel different, they sound different, they affect you differently.

Am I rambling?

Sometimes you have to pay for those extras to get what you want. Like it or not.

Like the 4C price...whatever it will be

If we want it, we will pay it, because we want it.
AO Silver Member

The idea that 2014 Cayman S will be "on the road" for £39k is just horsepucks. Even the most basic options (gearbox, lights, bucket seats, exhaust, paint, mats, foot rest) will take it quickly over £60k, and if you add trick stuff like the the PDK gears and Ceramic brakes you are likely to be headed for £80k before you can blink.

Which is why second hand Porkers are good ideas - some idiot has paid for all that futz and you get it for free ;-)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
info , price

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page