Pogea Racing 447hp 4C upgrades - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 06gt

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 10-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Central London
Pogea Racing 447hp 4C upgrades

So i've booked my newly acquired 4C in with Pogea for their 447hp Nemesis upgrades in December. SHould take about 5 months to complete but the thing is going to be a weapon.

Thought i'd start the thread and document the stages for anyone else who is interested.

Any thoughts or ideas from anyone here?

Last edited by 06gt; 11-08-17 at 15:02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Jesus. I'm considering just a remap....

How much is the full 447bhp conversion? What about the torque on the gearbox?
AO Member

County: New South Wales
447bhp!
That should just be enough for a quick lap of Hyde Park. By most counts Pogea does a very fine job with his mods and stands by his products. I think you are in safe hands. It's going to cost a bomb though.
(Post Link) post #4 of 12 Old 12-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationAlfa View Post
Jesus. I'm considering just a remap....

How much is the full 447bhp conversion? What about the torque on the gearbox?
About 60k, and modified gearbox to handle the extra crazies being thrown at it.
(Post Link) post #5 of 12 Old 12-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

(Post Link) post #6 of 12 Old 12-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

I will be sending it back to Australia, still unsure how it will get registration approval, but that's a problem for next year lol
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gt View Post
About €60k, and modified gearbox to handle the extra crazies being thrown at it.
Good God, €60,000! I hope, when you bring it back to Oz, it's not closeted away. There are a few Centurions in Sydney, but I've never seen any out and about. I would love to see yours on the road some time. Oh, and be sure to bring back decent rubber on your car as Michelin Oz don't supply PS4Ss or PSSs in 4C sizes here.
Unenlightened b******ds! I've written to them about it but was just given a standard response that said they don't have the required sizes in stock here. Derr...No effing joke...They didn't even acknowledge that they may look into bringing some in. There will shortly be 300+ 4C owners in Oz looking for suitable replacement tyres who aren't overly impressed with the standard PZeros. Does anyone know someone at Michelin in France who can put a rocket up the slackers here? I might write to them myself actually. Apologies for the digression.

Last edited by ALFAGUY147; 13-07-17 at 06:05.
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Quote:
I will be sending it back to Australia, still unsure how it will get registration approval, but that's a problem for next year lol
I'll be able to help with that as I export from the UK to Australia and New Zealand a fair bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAGUY147 View Post
Good God, €60,000! I hope, when you bring it back to Oz, it's not closeted away. There are a few Centurions in Sydney, but I've never seen any out and about. I would love to see yours on the road some time. Oh, and be sure to bring back decent rubber on your car as Michelin Oz don't supply PS4Ss or PSSs in 4C sizes here.
Unenlightened b******ds! I've written to them about it but was just given a standard response that said they don't have the required sizes in stock here. Derr...No effing joke...They didn't even acknowledge that they may look into bringing some in. There will shortly be 300+ 4C owners in Oz looking for suitable replacement tyres who aren't overly impressed with the standard PZeros. Does anyone know someone at Michelin in France who can put a rocket up the slackers here? I might write to them myself actually. Apologies for the digression.
Yup we ship a lot of tyres out your way too..
(Post Link) post #9 of 12 Old 14-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAGUY147 View Post
Good God, 60,000! I hope, when you bring it back to Oz, it's not closeted away. There are a few Centurions in Sydney, but I've never seen any out and about. I would love to see yours on the road some time. Oh, and be sure to bring back decent rubber on your car as Michelin Oz don't supply PS4Ss or PSSs in 4C sizes here.
This won't be no garage queen, i've owned the car for about 6 weeks and already taken it through France to Le Mans, Goodwood, Brands Hatch and Nurburgring.

I NEED MORE POWER!!!!

FYI for tyres you'll need to go the parallel import route. As much as I despise Tempe Tyres, they bring their own stuff from Europe.
Might also be worth asking Taleb Tyres (down the road from Tempe).
Both have done me good deals on new imported tyres Pirelli and Michilins for my old Gallardo, Bentley and 147.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (87.5 KB, 9 views)
ALFAGUY147 likes this.
(Post Link) post #10 of 12 Old 14-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
I'll be able to help with that as I export from the UK to Australia and New Zealand a fair bit.
I'll be fine with the export, done it many times in the past around 2010-2012 when UK exotic car prices and the were both worthless. The hard part is getting a 447hp/820kg car registered for road use.
AO Member

Quote:
This won't be no garage queen, i've owned the car for about 6 weeks and already taken it through France to Le Mans, Goodwood, Brands Hatch and Nurburgring.

I NEED MORE POWER!!!!

FYI for tyres you'll need to go the parallel import route. As much as I despise Tempe Tyres, they bring their own stuff from Europe.
Might also be worth asking Taleb Tyres (down the road from Tempe).
Both have done me good deals on new imported tyres Pirelli and Michilins for my old Gallardo, Bentley and 147.
Thanks for advice, 06gt. It is very much appreciated. Good luck with your modding adventure. Not a Centurion but a Nemesis! You've impressed me. I've only done the basics. A BMC filter, Quicksilver Helmholtz exhaust and an Alfaworks ecu tweak. Good enough to get me into a lot of trouble if not careful. For bling, a carbon engine cover and to cope with all the dump trucks dropping rocks and clay sods around here, a full clear wrap.

Last edited by ALFAGUY147; 15-07-17 at 03:12.
AO Member

Thumbs Up

Quote:

Yup we ship a lot of tyres out your way too..
That's very interesting, OperationAlfa. I'm after Pilot Super Sports in 205/45x17 and 235/40x18. I'll talk to the Tempe people first to get a price then get back to you. Regards.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
447hp , pogea , racing , upgrades

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page