Picked up a 4C, after 13 months without an Alfa - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 26 Old 08-05-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
Picked up a 4C, after 13 months without an Alfa

Well just put deposit down, waiting for money to transfer from Australia,
But should be in my garage by Saturday.

14 plate, Red, racing pack, already planning to my trip through the Alps in September

Photos to follow once she's in my hands.
06gt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Tifoso di Toro
AO Member
 
Lambrate FS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy, UK and PRC
County: Milano
Posts: 960
If driving through France to get there, the French autoroute pass is a god send. Went to Italy via France last year with both Italian and French tags and it saved loads of hassle.
Lambrate FS is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 26 Old 11-05-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambrate FS View Post
If driving through France to get there, the French autoroute pass is a god send. Went to Italy via France last year with both Italian and French tags and it saved loads of hassle.
Most probably London-Dusseldorf, Overnight car train/sleeper to Innsbruck. Do the twisties in Tyrol/Sud Tyrol (I used to live in Innsbruck so I know exactly where the good roads are (My display photo was taken in Tyrol),
On to Salzburg (the back way until I get sick of the caravans) for Cars and Coffee in Salzburg, then park the car up for a couple of days while I do Oktoberfest again, sober up then drive all the country roads (plus a few autobahns) all the way back to London.

Still got no idea how my wife and I will transport our luggage with only 110L storage lol.
06gt is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Milanored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
County: -
Posts: 10
Which Alfa did you have before? You upcoming trip sounds splendid.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Milanored is offline  
Status: Tifoso di Toro
AO Member
 
Lambrate FS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Italy, UK and PRC
County: Milano
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gt View Post
Most probably London-Dusseldorf, Overnight car train/sleeper to Innsbruck. Do the twisties in Tyrol/Sud Tyrol (I used to live in Innsbruck so I know exactly where the good roads are (My display photo was taken in Tyrol),
On to Salzburg (the back way until I get sick of the caravans) for Cars and Coffee in Salzburg, then park the car up for a couple of days while I do Oktoberfest again, sober up then drive all the country roads (plus a few autobahns) all the way back to London.

Still got no idea how my wife and I will transport our luggage with only 110L storage lol.
Hotel laundry will be your friend, luggage is a whopping 70 litres. Went to Italy last year drove down with an overnight bag each. Two sons flew with luggage an rented a car to ferry the family around.
Lambrate FS is offline  
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
duemila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Landon Tan
Posts: 2,401
Garage
Every time I see a 4c on the road, I think f$%k me what a car
duemila is offline  
(Post Link) post #7 of 26 Old 14-05-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
So newbie question, but I can't figure out how to bring up the G-meter.

Any advice would be great, I've read the manuals and still have no idea how to bring it up.
06gt is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Thirty three's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 76
Garage

Member car:

Alfetta GTV6/4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gt View Post
Well just put deposit down, waiting for money to transfer from Australia,
But should be in my garage by Saturday.

14 plate, Red, racing pack, already planning to my trip through the Alps in September

Photos to follow once she's in my hands.
A trip to the Alps should be great fun. I have done both Bavaria and Lake Como + Stelvio in my 4C. Terrific car on the Passes. Also ... if you are taking someone just pack a two night bag and send some luggage as unaccompanied baggage to the hotel you are staying at. There are delivery companies who will get your holiday luggage to a hotel in Europe for very reasonable prices. They do it all the time for bikers. You get them to bring the dirty washing back!!! If on Stelvio make sure the photographer is on duty to get a good pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-jun-27-1130-1200-IMG_1606.jpg (185.9 KB, 31 views)
06gt and ALFAGUY147 like this.
Thirty three is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Thirty three's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 76
Garage

Member car:

Alfetta GTV6/4C

Oh! One more thing - if you have your 4C by 17th June and you live in the South then come to Hever Castle -- https://www.alfestadelpapa.com
Ciao
Thirty three is offline  
(Post Link) post #10 of 26 Old 14-05-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
Thanks for that, I live in canary warf, work in Maidstone and Gravesend, so I know Hever Castle (never been though).
06gt is offline  
(Post Link) post #11 of 26 Old 14-05-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
But How do I get the G-meter to show? Or don't 14 plates come with the feature?
06gt is offline  
(Post Link) post #12 of 26 Old 14-05-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
No worries, found it by accident when in race mode 👹👹
06gt is offline  
(Post Link) post #13 of 26 Old 15-05-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
What has surprised me the most is the general publics acceptance of this car.
I've owned a 360 Modena, 360 Spider, F430 coupe, Gallardo. They all get the attention, but a lot of that attention is negative, the attention this gets is mostly positive, people in Skodas honking with their thumbs up with a massive grin on their face, walking towards the car when it's parked to have every walk of life stopping and admiring it.
I think people have a connection with the brand more than the so called for lack of a better word "elitist" brands.

Just an interesting observation from my experience.

Also yesterday I drove past two different Ferrari TDF's, and I was the only 4C around.
joeymannero likes this.
06gt is offline  
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Medio
 
duemila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Landon Tan
Posts: 2,401
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gt View Post
Thanks for that, I live in canary warf, work in Maidstone and Gravesend, so I know Hever Castle (never been though).
How funny I work in South Quay, yours is probably the one I've seen around
duemila is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
AnthonyJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 2,112
G meter should come on automatically when in Race mode. Be aware that this mode disables all the safety goodies !!!!!! Have fun, I've had mine three years and still not seen another one on the road. The cheery responses from other drivers are still very much part of the experience, filling up with fuel is fun, you need to factor in an extra 10 minutes to talk to all the interested people which will form a semi-circle around the car and ask you all about it !!!!
AnthonyJohn is offline  
Status: Skint but happy
AO Member
 
146Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hertfordshire
Posts: 771
Garage

Member car:

Giulia QV

I like to think seeing my Giulia inspired you to bin that nasty Mercedes and buy that beautiful little car. What an upgrade. I'm not jealous of much but I might just be a tad jealous of your 4C.
146Nick is offline  
(Post Link) post #17 of 26 Old 01-06-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 146Nick View Post
I like to think seeing my Giulia inspired you to bin that nasty Mercedes and buy that beautiful little car. What an upgrade. I'm not jealous of much but I might just be a tad jealous of your 4C.
Hahahah I still have the German Taxi, the 4C is extraordinarily impractical lol.

Just did a 1000mile French road trip over the long weekend in the 4C. Not much luggage fits into 110L with two people.
06gt is offline  
Status: Alfanut
AO Member
 
ALFAGUY147's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
County: New South Wales
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gt View Post
Well just put deposit down, waiting for money to transfer from Australia,
But should be in my garage by Saturday.

14 plate, Red, racing pack, already planning to my trip through the Alps in September

Photos to follow once she's in my hands.
Congratulations! Please get it wrapped. You may regret it if you don't, especially if you've ordered it in Rosso Alfa. Very soft and easily chipped. I've seen a few without wrapping and the chipping would send me insane if their cars were mine.
ALFAGUY147 is offline  
Status: Alfanut
AO Member
 
ALFAGUY147's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
County: New South Wales
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gt View Post
Well just put deposit down, waiting for money to transfer from Australia,
But should be in my garage by Saturday.

14 plate, Red, racing pack, already planning to my trip through the Alps in September

Photos to follow once she's in my hands.
Congratulations! Please get it wrapped. You may regret it if you don't, especially if you've ordered it in Rosso Alfa. Very soft paint and easily chipped. I've seen a few without wrapping and the chipping would send me insane if their cars were mine. I've had mine done and am extremely satisfied.
Errr.. does anyone know how to get rid of an accidental double post?

Last edited by ALFAGUY147; 27-06-17 at 21:10.
ALFAGUY147 is offline  
(Post Link) post #20 of 26 Old 28-06-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAGUY147 View Post
Congratulations! Please get it wrapped. You may regret it if you don't, especially if you've ordered it in Rosso Alfa. Very soft and easily chipped. I've seen a few without wrapping and the chipping would send me insane if their cars were mine.
It's been ceramic coated to protect the paint and has 3M clear covers on the inside of the drivers and passengers sills where they scuff easily when getting in and out of the car.
06gt is offline  
Status: drinking from the green pump again;-)
AO Silver Member
 
joeymannero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 2,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gt View Post
What has surprised me the most is the general publics acceptance of this car.
I've owned a 360 Modena, 360 Spider, F430 coupe, Gallardo. They all get the attention, but a lot of that attention is negative, the attention this gets is mostly positive, people in Skodas honking with their thumbs up with a massive grin on their face, walking towards the car when it's parked to have every walk of life stopping and admiring it.
I think people have a connection with the brand more than the so called for lack of a better word "elitist" brands.

Just an interesting observation from my experience.

Also yesterday I drove past two different Ferrari TDF's, and I was the only 4C around.

what an interesting observation, i couldn't agree more!

Ferrari's ,lambo's Porsches etc etc I think are all seen as ostentatious displays of wealth, where as an Alfa seems to communicate that you just love cars and driving...they have a charm and warmth the others seem to lack.

have had a couple of porkers in my time and the w#nker factor is evident, my neighbour has an Audi R8 which he lets me drive on occasion and once again the response from the public is one of negativity more than anything else.

however in my GTV V6 lots of smiles , waves thumbs up, people at garages saying how lovely it is, and kids just love the shape of the car, it's a crowd pleaser... and enthusiasts respect the Busso, the Pininfarina design and the heritage.

something for everyone.

a point worth making is most ''non enthusiasts'' thinks its worth around 4 times more than it is so although its not in the financial territory of the 4C its not perceived as ''cheap''

in that respect I can only conclude its loved because its an Alfa!


congratulations on your 4C, I wish you well with it..!

I plan to get one next and am watching the prices with interest, as I would also have to consider the cost of widening the garage.

(the joys of living in quirky grade 2 listed property)

It's Busso time ..
joeymannero is offline  
(Post Link) post #22 of 26 Old 28-06-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymannero View Post
what an interesting observation, i couldn't agree more!

congratulations on your 4C, I wish you well with it..!

I plan to get one next and am watching the prices with interest, as I would also have to consider the cost of widening the garage.

(the joys of living in quirky grade 2 listed property)
Widen the garage? because of the doors or because of the width of the car? I think from memory it is only 1cm wider than my W204 C-Class. It looks wider than it is.
06gt is offline  
(Post Link) post #23 of 26 Old 28-06-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
06gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Currently UK (AT & AUS)
County: Central London
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAGUY147 View Post
Congratulations! Please get it wrapped. You may regret it if you don't, especially if you've ordered it in Rosso Alfa. Very soft paint and easily chipped. I've seen a few without wrapping and the chipping would send me insane if their cars were mine. I've had mine done and am extremely satisfied.
Errr.. does anyone know how to get rid of an accidental double post?
Also, where in NSW are you?

I'm intending on bringing this 895kg Euro spec version back to Sydney.
06gt is offline  
Status: Alfanut
AO Member
 
ALFAGUY147's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
County: New South Wales
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gt View Post
It's been ceramic coated to protect the paint and has 3M clear covers on the inside of the drivers) and passengers sills where they scuff easily when getting in and out of the car.
Maybe the stones are softer in the UK with all that rain. I've got a full wrap then ceramic coated that to maintain the shine. A little OCD but no chips in 10,000km. Here are 3 occasions where the wrap has shown its worth. I got sprayed with gravel as a blasted 4WD tore through roadworks at close to 100km/h that was signposted a 40km/h. No chipping. On another occasion a ute dropped a short length of wood from its tray onto the road in front of me. It hit the 4C's nose but didn't stop to look for damage. When I did stop I was pleasantly surprised to find not even a mark. The last misfortune occurred when I accidentally nosed into a rubber buffer in a car park. (Note to self, always reverse to park.) The wrap peeled but no damage to the paint. Having the wrap repaired tomorrow at Ozicozi, Artarmon.
ALFAGUY147 is offline  
Status: Waiting for Stelvio QV
AO Platinum Member
 
OperationAlfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 23,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gt View Post
Also, where in NSW are you?

I'm intending on bringing this 895kg Euro spec version back to Sydney.
Give me a shout when you are looking to do that, I specialise in Vehicle Export to NZ and Aus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAGUY147 View Post
Maybe the stones are softer in the UK with all that rain. I've got a full wrap then ceramic coated that to maintain the shine. A little OCD but no chips in 10,000km. Here are 3 occasions where the wrap has shown its worth. I got sprayed with gravel as a blasted 4WD tore through roadworks at close to 100km/h that was signposted a 40km/h. No chipping. On another occasion a ute dropped a short length of wood from its tray onto the road in front of me. It hit the 4C's nose but didn't stop to look for damage. When I did stop I was pleasantly surprised to find not even a mark. The last misfortune occurred when I accidentally nosed into a rubber buffer in a car park. (Note to self, always reverse to park.) The wrap peeled but no damage to the paint. Having the wrap repaired tomorrow at Ozicozi, Artarmon.
My spider has gone in for full PPF on the front end today. A worthy investment. I have two chips from when I picked the car up. Luckily in the last 1000 miles I haven't picked up any more but then I am very careful about where I drive and keep a safe distance from other cars and trucks.
OperationAlfa is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
alfa , months , picked

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome