Viewing in Scotty - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 27-03-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Mike I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Perth and Kinross
Posts: 94

Member car:

105 Spider S2

Viewing in Scotty

Hi all.

Is there anyone in scotty that is available to show me their 4c / spider and share their experiences with me, steering, exhaust drone et all....
I am interested in getting a spider but have never even been out in one, though I did sit in one a the Classic Car Show and from that moment onward have been 'filling the piggy bank' frantically..
I'm based in Kinross area but willing to travel for a such a good cause obviously..

Many tks.
Mike
Mike I is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #2 of 5 Old 28-03-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Mike I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Perth and Kinross
Posts: 94

Member car:

105 Spider S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike I View Post
Hi all.

Is there anyone in scotty that is available to show me their 4c / spider and share their experiences with me, steering, exhaust drone et all....
I am interested in getting a spider but have never even been out in one, though I did sit in one a the Classic Car Show and from that moment onward have been 'filling the piggy bank' frantically..
I'm based in Kinross area but willing to travel for a such a good cause obviously..

Many tks.
Mike
I'm test driving a 4c on Thurs now but still interested to hear any advice...

Tks M
Mike I is offline  
Status: confused
AO Member
 
osney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Fife
Posts: 497
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike I View Post
I'm test driving a 4c on Thurs now but still interested to hear any advice...

Tks M
I'll be interested to hear how you get on. Not a lot of dealer coverage in these parts at the moment (I'm in Fife)!
osney is offline  
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 03-04-17 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Mike I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Perth and Kinross
Posts: 94

Member car:

105 Spider S2

Hi Osney

The car I drove was the demonstrator at Arnie Clark in Linwood which is coming up for sale. Certainly left a big grin on my face and the chap whom I met there was pretty knowledgeable of the car. Spec-wise it was nicely spec'd having the right options but no too much of the extravagance. No race pack or 18/19 wheel combination so no exhaust drone on motorway, and I didn't feel the car jumping about at all. One moment of tramlining a bit, but nothing alarming.
I summed it up with him by statin that I felt I was in something special, a mini supercar if you will. It has heart and soul, and although nowhere near as refined as my previous Boxster S, it is the berries

Contrary to all that though, I am probably going to go for a spider from down South, I just didn't want it to be a wasted journey in terms of driving the 4c itself.. Listening to all other feedback, if I do go for one with racing pack then I would deffo' now go for Jamie Porter geo' upgrade and Quicksilver exhaust (with resonator).

Trust above helpful.

BRgds
Mike
Mike I is offline  
Status: confused
AO Member
 
osney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Fife
Posts: 497
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike I View Post
Hi Osney

The car I drove was the demonstrator at Arnie Clark in Linwood which is coming up for sale. Certainly left a big grin on my face and the chap whom I met there was pretty knowledgeable of the car. Spec-wise it was nicely spec'd having the right options but no too much of the extravagance. No race pack or 18/19 wheel combination so no exhaust drone on motorway, and I didn't feel the car jumping about at all. One moment of tramlining a bit, but nothing alarming.
I summed it up with him by statin that I felt I was in something special, a mini supercar if you will. It has heart and soul, and although nowhere near as refined as my previous Boxster S, it is the berries

Contrary to all that though, I am probably going to go for a spider from down South, I just didn't want it to be a wasted journey in terms of driving the 4c itself.. Listening to all other feedback, if I do go for one with racing pack then I would deffo' now go for Jamie Porter geo' upgrade and Quicksilver exhaust (with resonator).

Trust above helpful.

BRgds
Mike
Thanks for the update. I, too, would probably buy down south and go for the Jamie Porter handling upgrade, but it would be nice to be able to try something out. Linwood is a long way away for a test drive though, and a PITA for servicing. Hopefully a few more dealerships will pop up in Scotland soon. I've got my fingers crossed for Perth!
osney is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Tags
scotty , viewing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome