4c - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 22-07-16 Thread Starter

County: -
4c

Looking for some advice, I was a member here before but forgot my details so had to set up again. I've had alfa's since I was 20 (41 now) but for the last 3 year I went to the dark side and bought a Porsche. I now feel it's time to go back to Alfa and I, looking at the 4c....couple things are troubling me before I commit to a hefty loan. Can anyone tell me if they are prone to stone chips up the side like my Brera was? Also does anyone know what truth there is in the 6c because what I've seen it looks amazing and I might prefer it. Trouble is I don't want to wait and have been talking to a garage in Middlesbrough about doing a trade. I'm in south west Scotland so it's a fair we journey just for a look. Regards alessandro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
What 6c?

There is no 6c. If you've seen pictures of it or something, they'd be "independent renders" which simply means they are pictures that some random person made up and have nothing to do with Alfa.

County: Cork
Garage
Welcome back to AO

Check out the Tech Lounge 4C & 4C Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum for advice & info.
AO Platinum Member

County: Hampshire
Garage

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
The simple answer is yes. The car is very prone to stone chips. I have had the front bumper covered with 3M Ventureshield. This has also been applied to the sills and goes right up over the step and into the cabin and finishes at the break point on the side panel which is about a third of the way up each door. I have also had the wing mirror backs covered and two 'V' shaped pieces put above each side intake vent. Alfa do 'factory fit' some very basic sill protection and this has to be removed first. I can upload some photos if that helps. If you do get the film fitted then make sure it is wrapped around into each wheel arch. This cost about 1400.00 but has been well worth it as I can have a 'spirited' drive without worry. It has been on two years and still looks brand new.
Obviously make sure that the car is perfect before this is applied. Hope this helps.
(Post Link) post #6 of 10 Old 01-08-16 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorget2 View Post
What 6c?

There is no 6c. If you've seen pictures of it or something, they'd be "independent renders" which simply means they are pictures that some random person made up and have nothing to do with Alfa.
New Alfa Romeo 6C will aim to topple the F-Type | Auto Express
(Post Link) post #7 of 10 Old 01-08-16 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener123 View Post
Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO
Thanks 🍀
(Post Link) post #8 of 10 Old 01-08-16 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohn View Post
The simple answer is yes. The car is very prone to stone chips. I have had the front bumper covered with 3M Ventureshield. This has also been applied to the sills and goes right up over the step and into the cabin and finishes at the break point on the side panel which is about a third of the way up each door. I have also had the wing mirror backs covered and two 'V' shaped pieces put above each side intake vent. Alfa do 'factory fit' some very basic sill protection and this has to be removed first. I can upload some photos if that helps. If you do get the film fitted then make sure it is wrapped around into each wheel arch. This cost about 1400.00 but has been well worth it as I can have a 'spirited' drive without worry. It has been on two years and still looks brand new.
Obviously make sure that the car is perfect before this is applied. Hope this helps.
Thanks...food for thought, I bought it anyway, best decision ever 😍
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1451
County: Perth and Kinross
Garage

Member car:

Stelvio Milano

Exclusive image = we made them up ourselves.
AO Member

County: Kent
Garage

Member car:

Alfetta GTV6/4C

FYI I use a chemical called "The Mask" by Wolf's chemicals (available here - Wolfs Chemicals - 'The Mask' Spray on protection - Clean Your Car) I have two stone chips - one courtesy of the M1 coming back from Nat Alfa day last year and another on the M11 going to Jamie Porter's place) both in places film would not normally protect unless you went full frontal to the wind screen. I have driven the car to Bavaria and back and to Milan and back (including the passes) and the mileage is nearly 9,000. However, I do have these fitted too ... 4CHIPgard for Alfa Romeo 4C ... they were expensive but are easy to fit and really do cut down the peppering received by the lower doors. Have fun ... and check out Southern Alfa Day 2016 if you have time!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > 4C & 4C Spider

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page