Alfa Romeo Forum banner

This 159

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Donalh 
#1 ·
Folks,

Looking at coming back to the Alfa family and have spotted this 159 in Meridian in UK

Havent been keeping up on the specs but maybe you guys can clarify

Is this petrol or diesel?

The ad header has it as a 2.0JTDM but says its petrol
BHP is listed at 170bhp but the VRT site only has the 2.0JTDm as 150bhp

VRT is just over 6k

http://www.meridien.co.uk/detail?te...8329007,18405687,18540573,18512463&vidindex=4

#2 ·
Folks,

Looking at coming back to the Alfa family and have spotted this 159 in Meridian in UK

Havent been keeping up on the specs but maybe you guys can clarify

Is this petrol or diesel?

The ad header has it as a 2.0JTDM but says its petrol
BHP is listed at 170bhp but the VRT site only has the 2.0JTDm as 150bhp

VRT is just over 6k

Meridien Group - 159 2.0 JTDM 170 bhp Ti Sportwagon
Stunning car, diesel and I think the ti did come in a 170BHP version.
Probably a case of the VRT not having a fully up to date list.
I'm sure David P will have a better run down!
All the best with the process!!

#8 ·
I found the ad on autotrader uk and it lists it as a 170 bhp 1956cc diesel.
must see if the vrt site lists it

#9 ·
scheisse, this one is gone...
if you hear of any other 2.0JTDM 159 SW Ti specs out there (preferably in white) drop me a PM
Thanks

#13 ·
Seen this one also
would prefer one with darker leather if possible but will keep this on the shortlist, thanks

#18 ·
I'll be over in London in Feb and if this one is still there I plan to go have a look at it

Alfa Romeo 159 2.0 JTDM 16V TI 5DR..FULL LEATHER..: £14990

any opinions on the price? Looks like somewhere about 22k to clear it before travek costs...seems too much for me. Thinking Veloces are a bit expensive but I've not been keeping my eye on the ball price wise for a while so would appreciate your opinion

I checked VRT on it and it comes in at 3.8k so just wondering how you got the VRT for 3k?
Is yours the saloon?

#20 ·
Looks pretty good.
I got mine from Fords of Winsford. I paid £13750 and that was after some hard talking, so hard I missed the ferry and had to wait until 1am for the next and it cost me an extra €200. The exchange rate was a bit better for me at the time so all told it cost me around €20k. I flew to Liverpool and then got the train and they picked me up and ferry home. But the main disadvantage is that they knew I wasn't going home without it.
I had them take plenty of photos and emailed me copies of the full service history and HPI check. So I was fairly sure of what I was getting before I travelled. Main bit of advice is, take somebody with you, even if you know what you're doing. I've an idea but you are effectively buying it as is because it effectively has no warranty unless you return it to them which is going to cost. So you gotta be sure it's straight.
Anyway here are the photos they sent.
Regarding the vrt, the final cost was actually a little lower than the online calculation given by the revenue website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.