Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Just realised the point of 'Album Artist' in iTunes
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #5 of Old 24-06-12 Thread Starter
chrishendrix

County: Greater London
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilzAlfa View Post
Yes this has irritated me too. Surely you should be able to make coverflow on the iPod work on album title rather than artist. Lots of my albums are by multiple artists, so it's a big problem.

The other thing I find irritating is the inability of iTunes to get the artworks correct. Even if it does get it right initially, it often messes it up later on all by itself. Since when has Christina Aguilera been a large male called Charlie Hines? OK so he has an album called Back to Basics, but surely the software can be clever enough to check the artist name as well as the album title? And you should see what they did to Dolly Parton
Good points.
If an album is by multiple artists, I think you either choose an 'album artist' to insert in that field of the database or call it a 'compilation' in which case it gets filed in the folder of that name rather than in the folder of a particular 'artist'. But it's a PIA to have to make these tweaks. They really should sort it out! (although I'm not sure who 'they' are? Is this down to Apple and the software (I guess at least partly?) or down to the record company or whoever first inputs the track info to Gracenote database?)

I too have some very odd 'album artwork' appearing.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome