Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Aussie V8 Supercars?

Tags
supercars
2K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  kevjtd 
G
#1 ·
Is it inbetween seasons? Or has it just been dropped from tv over here?

I kinda followed it last year but the sky planner didnt like series linking it for some reason so I missed a lot.

If its inbetween seasons, anyone know when the next one starts>

G
#3 ·
Excellent, looks like it kicks off in feb :D Its my favourite motorsport... in fact its pretty much the only one I bother with. Proper drivers driving proper cars, properly! None of this namby pamby formula one gayness. :tut:

I hope motors tv carry the utes again this year too.

G
#14 ·
Watched the first race on sunday, good stuff but a bit uneventful.

Just watched the second one and :wow: what a race!

The last few laps were absolutely superb. Proper edge of the seat stuff and some incredible driving to fight like that and not crash.

Cant wait for the next one :D

#15 · (Edited)
Watched the first race on sunday, good stuff but a bit uneventful.

Just watched the second one and :wow: what a race!
Agree with that....2nd race much better........the chance that Courtney took on fuel was very close to ending in tears.........in the end, great work by his crew......:thumbs:

#24 ·
Never really watched this before, but caught a bit on Motors TV at the weekend, and it was pretty entertaining.

Extremely close racing, combined with a talent pool which is not as high as international motorsport, and a slightly different attitude made for a lot of action.

An example of that 'different attitude' - with one car across the track after a spin, and 3 cars behind it stationary, one of the trapped drivers decided he didn't want to wait, and just shunted the spun car out of the way.

#25 ·
combined with a talent pool which is not as high as international motorsport.
Erm the v8's is an international series, its drivers hold thier own against more recognised drivers (see the Gold Cast entry last year), and at leat one of them was an F1 test driver and feeder series winner....

Dont confuse this series as something simmilar to current BTCC its a top level series with a talent pool that surpases a lot of international motorsport. :cool:

#26 ·
Speaking about talent bazza. Alexander Premat raced in DTM, the Le Mans series and GP2. He joined Gary Rogers Motorsport last year and he had a VERY hard time against the "not as high as international motorsport" pool driving. He's back again after that learning year and did alright in Adelaide and finished fourth in race 1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.