Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Just agreed the sale for my new 156 (thank god!)

Tags
agreed god
7K views 105 replies 16 participants last post by  JCL 
#1 ·
I managed to come accross an Irish V6. It's a 99 56000 miles on it. Cam belts done. It's teh dark metalic green with Tan leather . Needs a bit of TLC in the bodywork dept on one side and the engine bay needs a bit of a tidy but all in all is mechanically sound (it was checked out properly this time by a friend. Not a tap of rust! :thumbs:)

It needs the black clocks and carbon dash but i think that will come from the 156 of doom. The missus wants to kill me and i am pretty sure she will one day she will but i promised her would have people banging my door down for bits from the other 156. :p

I'll be picking her up in two weeks. I just have to get a few bob together.

#5 ·
Not really Mark. I had one lad looking to swap for a chickichento :lol: I have had a lot of interest in the interior. There is a lad taking it on saturday and giving me a cloth one plus a few quid.

Good stuff. Them v6s are rare as hens teeth, if I was you Id hide that rusty one away somewhere, chances are you'll need some parts off it over the coming years.
I think i will Paddy. They are rare over here alright. i have the space on the drive to leave it there and i need a few bits for the new one anyway.

#12 ·
I had it up on the ramp. The guy i am guying it off has had it in storage. He collects cars so it is absilutely mint underneath. (see what i did there?)

Congrats Barry... Good news at last! And now you have spares for the new car. :cool:

I wish you the best with her... :thumbs:
Cheers Cathal. Thanks for all the help with trying to get the other one sorted. Wasn't to be though.

want me to pretend to be a buyer for a few parts? :cool:
:lol:

Could well come to that man.

Hope it all works out :thumbs:
Cheers man.

Top class!
Good call on keeping the donor car...
Yeah . I think it is probably the wisest choice in the longrun. I will need parts straight away and no doubt i will need a few in future.

#13 ·
Yeah . I think it is probably the wisest choice in the longrun. I will need parts straight away and no doubt i will need a few in future.[/QUOTE]

Barry it's amazing how quickly you go through €500 in parts....

#17 ·
I'm picking it up the week after paddies day.

I'm in Bray. I have one sitting on the drive if you want to come out and have a look / listen you are more than welcome. I can take you out for a short spin (it's on uk plates so i don;t want to risk getting it taken from me).

#22 ·
Lovely! Im in Bray as well. Will send you a pm and try to drop out. The sound of a V6 is music to my hears (I imagine, having never actually heard one). Would be happy to hear it just on the driveway, no need to risk it.
We could have another Bray mini meet, it would be great to see a 164!

G
#18 ·
JF get yourself to a meet we always will have at least one V6 Alfa there. Bat man glad you got yourself sorted and got into the car you want :D That metallic green cleaned up is a class colour with shiny wheels.

#21 ·
Great news MR BAT :D (oops!) glad you got one of our V6's and very rare to find an Eire one .. lucky batstard (see what I done there !) :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.