Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - WARNING!!! Don't neglect your cambelt or this could happen.
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #8 of Old 20-09-10 Thread Starter
kaston
AO Member

County: Greater Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypeebee View Post
is the 3 year or 36000 mile interval on a ts so short because alfa decided to play it super cautious after all the failures with the old interval ?
does it mean that it should be ok to go a little bit over ?
im not saying you should ever leave it to be over due but as long as you stick to within the interval does that mean it will be fine, or is there quite a few that go even within the 3 year interval ?
From what I've read on this forum over the last few months, I think Alfa got cautious due to the high failure rate before the old 72000 mile interval. I've not heard of any going before the 3 year / 36000 mile interval (although I'm sure some will have). As I said in my original post, I think a lot of people like to gamble and push their luck. I haven't needed to yet but I'm sure I would have been tempted to push it to say 40000 miles. After seeing the damage that can be caused just by a couple of broken teeth on a belt, then I definitely won't be tempted to risk it when the time comes on any other TS I own.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome