Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Lads, I need help.

Tags
lads
2K views 45 replies 11 participants last post by  Damien_C 
G
#1 ·
Right, in work I am being moved to Dublin. And the area I have is basically the city center. So I need somewere near the Phoenix Park to live in and around there as the closer to the city the better. And somewhere resonably priced. I'm not on big money at all. Renting a room is all good to me it more than likely is cheaper etc.

Damien.

G
#5 ·
Cheers man, well the reason I am going to the center is because I need to be there to be honest. There is serious merchandising work. And if I am not close it means having to waste time in traffic and the likes which to be honest will ****ing wreck my brain and waste time. I wanna be up early, going to the gym regular enough etc. And if I get near the park I am only a short distance from the gym etc. I would prefer to have someone I know to move into too it makes things better imo.

#10 ·
I'm living down by the point. There's a spare single room here at the moment that's not really available as it needs a little work. I'm considering of moving from my large double room by about the end of Aug/start September sometime if that would interest you. I can only assume that you're looking for something quicker than that though?
Thanks lads but what we are looking for is someone who knows someone who has a room they want to rent in the general area of the park (phoenix !) we have checked Daft but would be better if one knew some one that had a place . So get asking !:thumbs:

#9 ·
I'm living down by the point. There's a spare single room here at the moment that's not really available as it needs a little work. I'm considering of moving from my large double room by about the end of Aug/start September sometime if that would interest you. I can only assume that you're looking for something quicker than that though?

#15 ·
right now dont know anybody Damo but will ask over the weekend, I have cousins out that way might know. My advice to you in the meantime is to go onto both daft.ie and myhome.ie and select house sharing as it is far cheaper than an apartment. I'd go for a house share tbh. The closest part of the park to town is the Parkgate street gates end. Its just across the river from Heuston station. Does it have to be the Park? you could rent around the East Wall/North Wall area which is right on towns doorstep but down towards the docks/IFSC sort of area. And imho a better bet if you want to be close to the centre. If you have time and can make it up to Dublin some day soon like Saturday/Sunday we can bring you around so you can see it all for yourself.

#16 ·
Lots of brassers around Park Gate St. ...

.... just saying ... :p

But, as above, I wouldn't get too hung up with regards to "the park". There's plenty other areas all within easy striking distance of the city centre. North Wall, East Wall, Ringsend, Inchicore etc are all in and around the same distance from town.

#20 ·
_Because_ I drive a 3l that's why I don't have any money. 90 euros for a full tank of petrol to cover 300 miles (one week to/and from work). I just heard about this place and I passed it on so you know what to expect. anyway, make sure you visit the place when it's dark, how many 8-10 years old hanging around smoking and "experimenting" in the foliage...

G
#22 ·
Lmao, I always enjoy your posts man.

Damo Rathgar/Rathmines/Portobello is right on towns doorstep and full of pubs although southside. ITs a lot of culchies there so you'll feel at home :p
Ya mark we can head out for a few drinks over the weekend sure. I already like dublin more than the **** hole of tipp with nothing to do there and there is some proper gyms there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.