Alfa Romeo Forum banner

AONS meet?

4K views 97 replies 8 participants last post by  Gaag 
#1 ·
Right I know I am one of the new guys on here but hows about we get a meet together?

I seem to be the only one spamming the north scotland pages and it depresses me to be all alone up here haha.

So who out of you all would be interested in a meet and what kind of work patterns are we all on?

Once we know what days/times poeple are free we can work out the best possible day, time and place so that we can get the best turn out possible.

I personally find Sundays (any time) easiest for a meet as I work Mon-Fri days one week and nights the next.

G
#30 ·
So, we all still on for the 1st of November? Managed to get my colleague to cover my Sunday so i'm free all day.
Not sure what everyones thoughts are re going to the FCCUK meet for the rolling road in Aberdeen, but i'm keen to try and incorporate it.
Just a suggestion for meeting point, but Edzell Moor (park area on north side of village) has a large car park to get some pics before setting off, then up to Cairn O Mount (hopefully a fine day for pics at the top), then over to Aboyne/Banchory(Aboyne is a good road, then it would be down North Deeside to Banchory), then on to Aberdeen to meet the FCCUK lads.
Those that are coming back down south (or everybody for that matter) could have a stop in at Gourdon for the best fish and chips in the world (they have a resturant so we can all get sat down and have a blether about the day)
Sounds good to me anyway
What time are we wanting to set off? And any other suggestions for stops or different routes?
Cheers
Graham

#33 ·
that sounds good to me i'll get in touch with phil to see when the rolling road / fiat meet is on til. i will defo's come for the run and i would like to go to the the rolling road but only if its on in the afternoon too. what about a reasonably early meet time at edzell say 10ish if we plan to meet the fccuk, if not it doesnt really matter.

G
#34 ·
I'm still on for the run, and the plan sounds good meeting in Edzell. The rolling road would be ok for me if it were the afternoon. However, I guess if people in Aberdeen wanted to do that first, we could set out a bit later from Edzell? It seems like that's four of us - anyone else out there...?:)

#35 ·
I think the RR would start in the morning may go on into the afternoon, I'm not sure sorry.
I think all Fiats and Alfas will be invited, and a few AROC members usually go along so you wont be the only Alfas.
Hope you get something sorted.
:)

#36 ·
To be honest I am not that bothered about getting my car on the RR, I might feel a bit silly when a modded punto HGT rapes my figures lol

Maybe once mine has had a few tweaks I will be more interested in figures, if everyone else just wants to go for the run im fine with that.

G
#37 ·
Would be good to go along if only to see some of the cars there, you don't have to put your own car on if you don't want to.
Most important thing is for us to all get together and have a good old fashioned blast in our motors

#38 ·
well what we could do is plan our run so we get to aberdeen around 12ish and hopefully they'll still be there? or meet in aberdeen 10-11ish and have the run later on? i just want to see how much bhp mine has lost over 11 years. i cant imagine it being much considering the newer similar power cars its trounced! :D

G
#39 ·
I'm easy with whatever the plan is.

We could meet in Aberdeen at 10-11, stay at the rolling road for a while, then leave early afternoon and reverse our route back through Banchory / Aboyne / South Deeside / Cairn O mount? From the Fettercairn end of the Cairn O Mount, it's not too far to Gordoun for tea, and Greg172 can head back to Arbroath, Gregry254 back to Aberdeen, and myself and Dino back to the Laurencekirk area.

We may even pick up a few other Alfa's or Fiats along the way? (I think some people from the AORC may be there)

If it's a Fiat day, I'll maybe bring the Panda for the rolling road, then no ones Alfa will be embarrased by a Fiat, as it only has about 56 horse powers!!:lol:

G
#40 ·
Any more thoughts then folks?
I'm not all that fussed about the RR meet. Don't want to start too early in the morning either. Reckon 11 at Edzell is a decent enough time, by my count we have 4 so far. Myself and Simon, Greg172 and Gregry254, any more folks out there from North or South keen for a blast?

#41 ·
RR day cancelled unfortunatley due to lack of numbers.....so that might change your route plans for the day! :)

#46 ·
11am is fine, anyone got a postcode for the meeting place though? Never been to Edzell before so would just get lost lol.
I will be solo on this one too, I am seeing a girl just now but "I dont really like cars".... that alone so make me think twice haha

G
#47 ·
Excellent. 11am at Edzell then. Gregry, if you come into Edzell on the B996 from Fettercairn, the park is on the right just after the first speed limit sign, and before the mini roundabout. Think that is where we are meeting. Hope the sun comes out. :cool:

G
#49 ·
Yeah, if your coming up from Perth take the B966 towards Fettercairn off the A90. Drive straight along Edzell high street (under arch, then carry on), and the car park will be on the left near the 40 speed limit coming out the village.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.