Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Secret Agent Theme - Revolving License plates

15K views 126 replies 24 participants last post by  Darren156 
#1 ·
Looking to give my car the secret agent theme.... (I bet its not at all surprising considering all my recent posts... :D )

Anyways, I wanna install revolving license plates.. the same as in the attached pic (strictly for show purposes). I looked at kits on the net and none have given the right feel. Most of the videos and products I saw online were either to flip the plate one way or the other OR... to hide it away completely.

The only thing I saw that was exactly what I wanted to have is in the following link

www.metacafe.com/watch/766615/license_plate/

If anyone has any info on where to get this or how to do it... please let me know.

Thanks....

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
The dummy missiles have crossed my mind. However I have located a smokescreen kit that I plan to install.
Smoke Screen Kit

The main thing is that my car has to be able to be used as a daily driver too. There is a sort of show that people go to where they bring in their tricked-out rides and judges hand out prizes. Most are Japanese tuners with the usual "FATF" style stuff.

#13 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol:

you have got to be kidding me !!! this is ridiculous :wow:

I'm sorry mate, but you want these for the show ??? To show what exactly ?
The only reason I would want my number plates to flip is for the speed cams !!!

As for the smoke from the exhausts, I've got an old 1.5 boxer engine that has chewed up all the piston rings. If you start it and rev it up, it will give you twice the amount of smoke ! Moneyback guarantee !

And if you run out of refill, you can always add more oil :D

.... come to think of it, I've got an idea for showing off !!! Put my old engine in your car, top the engine up with sunflower oil and rev it up !!! You will have big smoke , BIG smell , but NO popcorn !!! Magic :D

#15 ·
:lol:

I guess if you removed all the crash protection from behind the bumper you might have enough space........................but seems like a total waste of time, money and effort

#18 ·
:lol:
I guess if you removed all the crash protection from behind the bumper you might have enough space........................but seems like a total waste of time, money and effort
There is always controversy over modding a car. Most of the time its money spent and never returned. I admit all this will ridiculous to some and exciting to others, but I guess in the end, its up to me and what I think of it.

As far as I know the only hitch will be with the front bumper. I had a look at the rear part and it seems to be just a piece of fibreglass with nothing behind (whatever protection equipment is placed above that section)

#22 · (Edited)
This is whats behind the front bumper

edit: opps....................do you have the face lift version?

#23 ·
I don't want to rain on your parade, but you did say that you wanted to continue using the car as a daily driver. If you are stopped by the police for any reason and these rotating plates are discovered, you will most likely have your car seized and gone over with a fine tooth comb. If the smoke screen device is subsequently also found, I predict a lot of hard questions.

Just a thought.

#32 ·
you know, Johnie English had revolving license plates as well !!!

Oh ok , I'm sorry mate. I really dont want to put you off , I'm just messing with you.

I actually am very interrested to see how you will do that !! I've been thinking that if this works, maybe I can do it on my car as well !!!

I dont really want to cut my bumpers and all but you have a point , it will look cool ! :thumbs:

Dont give it up !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.