Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - megs lambswool mit and terry towelling cotton cloths
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
springbok
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Re: megs lambswool mit and terry towelling cotton cloths

How do you wash your lambswool mit and how do you dry it? I rinse mine first and then wash together with my various MF cloths in the washing machine (no fabric softener!!) and then tumbledry. A few loose strands of wool are not going to damage anything.

Terry towels have to a large extent been superceded by microfibres. They used to be pretty much standard for all detailers. I still use a terry towel if I want a bit more "bite" to remove polishes and waxes that are hard to remove. I then finish off with a microfibre.

The best thing for glass is a totally lint free microfibre. I don't know what you have available in Aus but here in SA you can buy a special "glass" microfibre which is extremely smooth and perfect for the job.

It is highly unlightly that you scratched the glass with the cloth but there might have been some grit which was on the cloth. Are you referring to the tinted film on the inside of the glass (aftermarket extra?) or is it the actual glass which has the scratch?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome