Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Call Centres

864 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Ralf S. 
#1 ·
My dad got a call a few weeks ago on his mobile telling him his contract was nearly up and they could offer him a new better deal and a new phone. He doesnt really understand stuff like that so I delt with it. The first thing I asked them was are you "3" which they said yes we are and I did mention it again and which she confirmed we are "3". No problem got him a better deal and a new (simple) phone and all was well. Until yesturday the phone was fine but now its playing up, you carnt hear anything, they carnt hear you or hear it ring. I rang up on his behalf spoke to 3 and they say I got it through another company who sold us the contract and I have to speak to them. Ring up this other company and spoke to some lad and told him that one of their reps had lied to me and misrepresented themself to get my business:grrr: He did try to help me but said he couldnt because the warrenty it done buy a 3rd party insurance company. I then rang you this other company and they said they have no records and I have to ring up the other company again "freeserve". I did this and had a little rant at the lad and he did try to help offering me £25 off which is sweet F A. All I want is a replacement phone to swap with like the good service I get from O2. Its in their hands they are going to ring "3" and this other insurance company and get it sorted and ring me back. Yeah like whatever, I believe you, honestly.:rolleyes:

If they dont ring I am going to cancel my contract no questions. Surley I can do this because they aren't honering their contract with me. The phone has a 18 month warrenty so if they dont sort it they are invalidating it there for its void!:rant:

See less See more
#2 ·
Tough luck Jim and I cannot offer any advice.

I got a similar call this week, I'm on " pay as you go. " Very nice lady said she was sure she could offer me a better deal and then asked how much credit I'd put on the 'phone this year. When I replied £5 ( which is true, tend to stick to the carrier pigeons still in use in this part of the world ) the 'phone went very quiet before courtesies were exchanged and life returned to what passes for normal for me......

Must go and feed the pigeons. :D

#3 ·
What ya like Nige! The lad said he would ring me back about 14.00 and its now 14.30:rolleyes: not surprised really. Will give them another hour if they dont call thats it, I'm gona:grrr::9: :rant: :mad: go off on one and cancel my contract on the basis that I have bin miss sold the contract and the phone is not fit for purpose and the trade descriptions act. **** em!

#7 ·
He wants to keep the phone cus the gets good rates for when he is abroad.

Does the phone have a 3 logo on the cover ?
If so its a 3 phone and covered under warranty .
Do you have a 3 shop nearby ? If so take it in and they will send it away for repair, and loan you a phone in the mean time. I have a similar deal done through a third party but 3 still deal with any phone problems for me.
It does have a "3" logo it 10 minutes and will ring back. All I want is to know the score and get it sorted. Not even had the contract a month and this is the way they tread us:rolleyes:

G
#5 ·
Does the phone have a 3 logo on the cover ?
If so its a 3 phone and covered under warranty .
Do you have a 3 shop nearby ? If so take it in and they will send it away for repair, and loan you a phone in the mean time. I have a similar deal done through a third party but 3 still deal with any phone problems for me.

#6 ·
With you and corbo Jim, cancel the thing.

I was talking to a friend about this yesterday and his wife insists that he has a contract but he's like me, rarely uses his GSM and never uses the text so what's the point of giving money away on a contract where you are not going to use it ? Mine is used for when I'm out and about and wish to receive calls, will never make a call unless I REALLY have to, just wait until I get home and then use the cheaper landline/VOIP 'phones.

It all comes down to what you use the GSM for, people like me are better off with PAYG so you may want to consider this for your Dad. In any event I would certainly cancel what you currently have.

#8 ·
i've had several phonecalls from companies purporting to be t-mobile/vodafone telling me they can upgrade my contract. cheeky b@st@rds, they're all fly-by-night brokers trying to hoodwink you into thinking they're from your network. i always tell them to shove it now, every time my contract needs renewing i ring my network directly myself

#9 ·
i always tell them to shove it now, every time my contract needs renewing i ring my network directly myself
Best thing to do! 5 minutes and counting!

#10 ·
Nearly all sorted. Spoke to customer services at the imposters and I spoke to their customer services and they were very helpfull but said I needed to speak to 3. I passed it over to me dad after all I was doing it for him (didnt tell them that though!) and he spoke to their legal representative and troubleshooter there and got the contract cancelled. He also has another phone with 3 bought direct I might add and they are putting him on a new one with new phone and £25 off. What they dont know is that he was going to cancel that one anyway so all is good! I win!!! In your face 3!

#11 ·
I've had that with Orange before... some company offering a package but weren't anything to do with Orange... I always tell them I'm not interested as it's not clear exactly who they are and what you're getting.. I always deal direct with Orange for upgrades.

#13 ·
Exactly as Corbo said - the company mis-represented thereselves to you.

I would cancel the contract straight away.You dont go into a Ford dealership and they say they are AR just so that they can get your business - same applies here.

Sounds as if the warranty is rubbish as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.