Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Be aware & save yourself at least £50

745 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  VO2Max 
#1 ·
Big roundabouts (like over motorways) are a big problem when you're checking for traffic to the right, you can't really see the car in front with your peripheral vision. It's then that they slam on their brakes.

PistonHeads Headlines

#2 ·
A few years ago they were doing this sort of thing in car parks ...

G
#3 ·
But, the 'Innocent' drivers aren't innocent, they're the ones crashing into the crims are they not...? :confused:

I've rear ended someone before because I thought they'd gone at a roundabout, they hadn't so I hit them, whether or not the middle aged woman was a criminal or not is beside the point, it's my careless actions that caused me to crash into the back of her.

Wether they're criminals or not is really beside the point if I'm the one crashing into them.

G
#5 ·
If you tried hard enough and drove like a big enough d*ckhead, you could make people crash into you, no problem. That's what they do and it sucks.

And stop beating yourself up about rear-ending someone, it can happen to the best of us! :lol: ;)

#7 ·
It's not a lack of attention they are using - they are actively looking to cause what looks like a "not their fault" crash. Then they all get whiplash etc. Was even stories of some fiddling with their brake lights so they didn't work properly - after all how can you tell once they've been rearended and the lights broke?

#8 ·
Well they ought to come down really heavy on them; but I remember hearing about this sought of thing a couple of years ago - and the problem was that the police didn't want to get involved - seeing it as a Insurers problem.

Perhaps that's why it's so prevalent now?

G
#9 ·
I believe you're right Kevin, but of course the police should be interested, it's a criminal offence - I hope! What crime has actually been committed though? I guess it's driving without due care and attention but it almost needs a special law really.

Driving 'with intent to cause damage or injury'?

#10 ·
Surely ot could be dangerous / careless driving. If they don't fit I would be stunned if there isn't a law regarding insurance fraud or obtaining money by deception that could be applied. After all it is a scam / fraud and just because cars are involved shouldn't make it any different

#11 ·
They also more often than not use a second vehicle so they can position you so that its impossible to avoid. One behind you, driving like a c*ck on bumper , as that pushes most people into speeding up. Then the other car pulls out from behind it and cuts back infront of you and brakes while you still got your mind on the one behind.....

This is now very common and moves around the country in waves, they also sit and watch the roads for suitable victims, they tend to go for people who look unsure or with kids in the car to add another distraction and choose average cars that aren't too nimble to minimise the chances of being out manouvered, (have not yet heard of it being done to an alfa ;)) ... hangings to good for them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.