Alfa Romeo Forum banner

People eating the wrong amount of stuff

8K views 86 replies 26 participants last post by  Pud237 
#1 ·
Specifically, this refers to my Weetabix, and the habit of other members of my family of eating them in ones or twos but NOT being careful to make sure that they do this a number of times which makes their overall consumption a multiple of three.

This leads to feelings of nagging anxiety when I take my three Weetabix from the packet and have a non standard amount of Weetabix left in the pack.

It's not as obvious as effect with other cereals until you get to the end of the pack. But it's certainly a bad start to a morning when you pour out your Frosties and realise there's only enough for half a bowl.

Reactions: steveisfrowning
#7 ·
You may be right. But the argument would stand, just with the figures the wrong way up.

I have considered cutting down to 2 Weetabix. But having become accustomed to 3 Weetabix, 2 in a bowl looks wrong. It would also make it difficult to judge proportions of milk and sugar. I don't need that complication in my life.

#9 ·
You must have a large bowl for three. Once stackage occurs the lower weetabix is exposed to milk for too long and goes all floppy, whereas the top one remains dry and too crispy
(I refrained from using the word hard as I know what you're all like!! But I guess floppy will get abuse!)

I had 2 rashers of smokey bacon, a rondle of black puuding, brown sauce in a bread roll. A rare treat.

#10 ·
2 interesting points there.

On logistics - generally speaking, a new packet is available as the old one runs out. I was referring to the slight existential dread engendered by a wrapper with only one Weetabix in it, rather than the more physical issue of only having one Weetabix to eat.

On food texture - I'm afraid you're not going to like this - I tend to use hot milk and mush up the entire thing into a uniform slop anyway.

#14 ·
Having breakfast a while back we were joined at our table by two Chinese gentlemen, one of whom had on his plate the following...

Bacon
Egg
Sausage
Weetabix
Mushrooms

In an attempt to foster international relations I used my phone to get a picture to show him what he needed to do with the Weetabix.

Attachments

#18 ·
I may try to cut down to 2.

But I'm blaming you guys for any side effects, including but not limited to:

Sense of unease at bowl looking 'wrong'.
Overly soggy Weetabix because I can't judge it right.
Teeth falling out due to copious sugar overload.
Collapsing due to lack of nutrition at about 11:30 each morning.
New, svelte, sporty, Bazza deciding that spending all his time conversing with nerds on the internet when he could be majestically running through the fells is a waste of time and leaving the forum.

#26 ·
An EGG mixed in?

Talk us through that one please.

Like, a raw egg?

#24 ·
Without donning the rose-tinted doobries and and Dvořák's Symphony No.9 tinkling in the background......I can’t help but remember the Weetabix of my youth (some 45-ish years ago :eek:) were altogether larger.

Therefore, the two of yester-year are now the three of today

#25 ·
Before I can help you with your troubling dilemma Bazza, i need to establish some basics first.

Are Weetabix a byproduct of the Weetacrop?

And, are Weetabix supplied in a Weetabox?

#30 ·
So you kind of had an uncooked Weetabix omelette?

It's a strong move.

#38 ·
That was a common one for me and my brother as kids, a buttered weetabix with golden syrup on it - I always thought I'd invented that until I heard a few years back it was quite common. Not sure how I stumbled across it as my mam would never have served that up.

#41 ·
I used to make cornflakes (or Frosties) with warm milk. But I tried it relatively recently and wasn't too impressed.

Despite enjoying the Weetabix mush this thread is about, the flakes just seemed too mushy.

Have you ever tried golden syrup drizzled on cornflakes? That's a delicacy - but I deny myself these days, it's a bit over the top (mainly because I used to do it to Frosties too :eek: )

#46 ·
Do you have porridge cold too?

#48 ·
I have come to the conclusion that offspring need to be ejected from the house at the soonest opportunity. My youngest ( 18 year old ) has just gone to University. Now, we don't have to mess about with tea for 3....takeaway starters are now balanced...Karma is restored :p

#51 ·
Bacon and Sausage butty Verb's? That's so wrong.

I can take or leave bacon but usually leave it. Thin floppy salted sheite often full of stringy fat.

No, I like a big fat sausage sandwich. With either tomato sauce or brown but preferably the latter. If there's egg being thrown around I'll have that with my sausage.
Costco are doing some lovely pork sausages at the moment and are on offer. About £6 for 18 I think.

Bacon can really go to hell. Bacon with sausage are just wasted calories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.