Alfa Romeo Forum banner

UK Insurance - Who do you use?

Tags
insurance
5K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 
#1 ·
The insurance on my G is up in the next 2 weeks. The renewal from my existing company (via the IAM) has gone up to £287. Once legal cover is added, along with Tax and arrangement fee it comes to £360.

Some basic shopping around (via the meerkats, etc) has thrown up One Call Insurance (whom I've never heard of) for £270 all in!

Which got me thinking, what companies do the folks on here use? Just wondering who I'm missing that don't appear on the meerkats, and other such search tools.

#4 ·
We were with Aviva for 14 years but we are now with Admiral for the second year, we have a two car policy that costs £450 a year for a 170jtdm G and a Fiat 500. Aviva's advert makes me laugh because we left them due to our loyalty not being reciprocated. Now it seems they've realised it ****es people off who invest in them for long terms only to see new customers getting better deals to lure them in.

#5 ·
Whoever I use varies year on year depending on who is cheapest.

Currently I am with direct line, but have used LV, Admiral, privilege, First choice, all have been ok.

Reactions: Mike Multiair
#6 ·
I’m currently with IAM too, my renewal is due in August. The price went up over s few years so I went on a price comparison site, found the cheapest cover that was close to what I had with IAM, and they price matched it. Well, sort of - I still had extra for legal cover, but it did take a significant amount off.

#8 ·
I've used Esure for the last 4 or five years. I always do a Meerkat and Moneysupermarket and Esure come in slighlty better when comparing like for like. Maybe they just want to keep my business. In that time I've had a claim for reversing into a bollard and a worse claim whem a lorry reversed into me. In both cases my premium didn't go up and their claims procedure is excellent.

#10 ·
Aviva at present but like others I use the comparison sites each year and switch accordingly. I avoid brands I've never heard of unless I find information which reassures me they're just a marketing name attached to one of the major groups. The big companies aren't totally secure but the risk is lower than with a tinpot outfit.

#13 ·
Just to close this out [I do hate it to follow a thread where there's no closure] :glasses:

I ended up going with Chris Knott in the end, who matched my cheapest quote, coming in at £230. What was odd is that Flux were about 50% higher!!!

Added to that, the service provided by them, and how it was handled was pretty damn impressive. The guy I spoke to at CK (Ian? I think) was really friendly, helpful and a thoroughly nice chappie :smokin:

#16 · (Edited)
Currently, I am with Money Expert. Two years, I used IAM, but their prices got higher. So, looking for a cheaper one, I got a free quote for my Alfa 159. Now, I'm paying 150 monthly. Because my daughter has got her license recently and we bought her a car as well, we are using now multiple-car insurance. If we take independent insurance it will cost us. But now we 300 for three cars. I'm fine, and moreover we bought the daughter's car by hiring a purchase. So, because we are their clients for almost two years we get 5% of deposit instead of 10%. I will leave the link below if smb is still looking for insurance, check this

#17 ·
I'm revisiting this as my renewal is due again in 3 weeks time (on tuesday).

I've not heard anything from CK yet, so I've been shopping around. Interestingly Esure are coming out the cheapest by some margin. I re-ran the quote again from scratch (just in case I missed something) and it's the same. I've also got the IAM folks calling me (not had a chance to take their call yet). But as CaptainA says above, their prices got higher. But I'll certainly speak to them.

I got really irritated with Flux .... spent ages putting all the info in, then submitted to get the quotes and it said that it had timed out! Grrrrrrrr .......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.