Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - European road trip coming up
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #24 of Old 1 Week Ago
Andy Bowden
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Down View Post
No one yet mentioned that you MUST not have speed camera alerts on your sat nav in France, big fine, turn them off. Also driving in Switzerland you need a vignette to drive on the Mway, get it from Switzerland Travel Centre 35.50, its a must. Cars were being checked at the boarder in Basel last week when we came through. Speed cameras in France are often no where near as visible as those in the UK and I was surprised how many cameras have popped up in Italy this year.
The Stelvio's and Giulia's maps don't have speed camera locations in France. They just happen to have unspecified danger symbols and warnings near to speed camera locations.

The thing not to have in France is a speed trap detector. Those can get you into big trouble even if they are switched off.

I always buy my vignettes at the Swiss border. I see no need to buy them beforehand. Major Swiss border crossings have two lanes for those already with and those without vignettes. Petrol stations sell vignettes too if you happen to cross at an unmanned border crossing.

Andy

Last edited by Andy Bowden; 1 Week Ago at 06:47.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome