Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - New giuliette, some issues
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #24 of Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Anthos

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerking View Post
Looks like they have tapped into the 12v cigarette socket to run a dashcam rather than feeding a fuse tap from the fuse box.

Can you take a picture of the 12v cigarette socket? Interested how they have wired it up.

Or is it just a plug that goes into the socket?
It just plugs into the socket. It has the standard type 12V connector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdm2 View Post
Looks like a dash cam lead as well. Just tuck it away and forget about it. Take it back to the dealer with the list of faults, give them 1 chance to fix them then reject it.

What G is it, age, mileage, price?
2011, 2.0 140HP, Diesel, 120K, 2500GBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
It’s a 2011 car. When I was 47 years old I bought a new 2011 Giulietta.
I’m now 55 so I don’t think that car is “new”!
Obviously in this context "new" was meant to imply new in possession to me. I am under no disillusion of the car's age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmayhead View Post
And. What does your external temp sensor read? If it's reading wrong the air con won't work.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Seems to give more or less the expected ambient temperatures during various points of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
I would take it back to the dealer you bought it from, if you use anyone else and inform them of it you may be waiving their obligation to supply something fit for purpose. The flashing mileage indicator will require more than disconnecting the battery to reset it. It will require some sort of software to perform a reset, and an EOBD scanner will not reset that as it can usually only clear MIL light errors. If you still have no joy from the dealer I might be able to help you next weekend as in 9 days away as I have the software to do the checks.

The weird wire? That is the exact same route my dashcam power supply goes so I think as others have already said it will probably end with a micro usb plug at some point near the mirror.
I've been in contact with the dealer through e-mail and I have in writing his "advice" to seek my own garage or someone he can refer me to, to have the car checked out. In theory that should be ok, right?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome