Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - New giuliette, some issues
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #1 of Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Anthos

County: -
New giuliette, some issues

Hi to all

Just bought a few days ago a used Giuiette 2011, 2.0 from a dealer in the UK. Test drove it, seemed to be ok.
Obviously if something comes up it HAS to be after you drive off.
The next day I realized that it seems the AC not to be working. It can get the air warm but can not get it cold at all. What are the chances that it just needs gas and how likely it is that there is a more sinister damage to it?

Day after that noticed the mileage flashing thing (I am not sure if it existed from the day I got it, but it would be hard to understand at the moment that the flashing had a diagnostic component to it). I tried to do a lot of reading about it. And I probably tied it to a blue&me issue. The "window" and "telephone/bluetooth" buttons don't seem to respond (initially I thought the buttons were just fubared), the aux/usb buttons light up and are usable, and the rest of the buttons seem to work ok. Does that mean that the blue&me unit is just malfunctioning and needs a replacement? If so how do I do it? I spent a fair amount of time today to find any schematics, video or anything but not luck whatsoever. Also the AM radio channels seem to work but the FM not at all. Only today when I was in a different town I was able to locate ONE station. Related?

Also as an aside, I noticed a random cable that plugs into the cigarette lighter, I traced it and I saw that it goes towards the glove compartment, then underneath the plastics on the borders between the windscreen and the passenger's door and from there going upwards to the roof. (didn't follow it any further as I don't wanna take something out that I might not be able to put back the way it is). Plugging that thing or not hasn't made a noticable difference. It is obviously a modification and not something official but what the hell could it be?

Anyone has any idea of some of these issues as least to guide me in the proper direction of what could be going on?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome