Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - European road trip coming up
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #6 of Old 2 Weeks Ago
TonyGr
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
For the last twenty years I have made sure I have had a full set of bulbs as the RAC state "Spare bulbs - by law you’re also mandated to carry a spare bulb kit for your vehicle, as the French police deem it necessary to replace it there and then on the grounds of safety." I wish anyone required to do so the best of luck given how hard it is to access modern headlights.

In all that time the only conversations I have had with the Gendarme is when the main road was closed and there was no indication of the diversion route other than said Gendarme waving traffic into the side road. When asked how to get to where we were heading his instructions were literally "follow that car in front he is going the same way"

In fact in twenty years I have only once found a bulb blown while on holiday and rather than do it myself I went to the local Citroen dealer, in the Austrian Tyrol, (it was a Xsara VTS) and they sent the apprentice out to fit the replacement as he had the smallest hands (and I suspect was the least able to refuse to leave his existing task). Being big on customer service they only charged for the bulb and not the fitting.

Procrastination is the thief of time

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome