Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Front disc replacement...drilled, slots or std
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
Dave Brand
AO Gold Member

County: Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlear View Post
Yes, but even so I think there is still a significant difference between 'performance' pads and 'commuter' pads (as fitted to most cars).
Different usage, different pads. As with just about any man-made product, it's a matter of tweaking the compromises to suit the needs of the user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity View Post
I cannot unearth the article where I read that single pressing gives a more consistent pressing. The article stated that a batch pressing could be less consistent, presumably due to perhaps not homogeneous pad material mixture, variation in pressure of a press doing say 20 pucks at a time. Certain motorsport applications will be very low volume so will surely be single pressings. Are they inferior to mass production that way?
You're grossly overthinking this. The production process will be whatever is needed to produce a satisfactory end product. You don't invest the same amount of money in a product which has annual sales measured in tens of sets as you do in a product which is selling in the tens of thousands annually.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome