Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Integrating original Mic into new HU - Investigation & Implementation
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #8 of Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
Marmo
Status: -
Newbie
 
Marmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Essex
County: UK
Posts: 7

Member car:

159 Ti 2.4l JTDM

So I've now removed the B&M connector from the outside shell so I can trace the wires from pins 8 and 24 back (picture 1).

They lead to a coax cable that has been spliced to fit in the connector, reducing the alot of the EMI shielding effects provided by the coax (but that's just me being anal!)

I used these tap wire splice connectors that cut into wire and provide an additional connection to that signal (picture 2).

When I probed the signals, there was a lot more high frequency noise than before so it was difficult to detect any change in the signal amplitude.
Unfortunately, this scope does not have any real time filtering I could used but it does allow FFT so I can analysis the frequency response in (sort of) real time.

Picture 3 shows the signal along with the frequency response.

To prove the Mic was still behaving as normal I tapped the light cluster to look for any spikes at the low end of the frequency response.

Thankfully, it was showing a change when ever I tapped the light cluster or made a loud noise (with some delay) so I think I'm just going to go for and make a cable.

Wish me luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190611_214637_1560343844059.jpg (52.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20190611_214646_1560343924099.jpg (30.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20190611_222518_1560344254051.jpg (41.8 KB, 8 views)
Marmo is offline  
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome