Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Giulia Sales in Europe and US...another 159 saga?
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #16 of Old 4 Weeks Ago
lizard
AO Member

County: -
I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years time Alfa will release a statement saying that Giorgio platform is to expensive to produce with sales they are having, and they will return to more mainstream platforms. Instead of being much more proactive in updating current cars and making new.

When you look at German brands - when they aren't launching face-lifts, they are launching new models, and when they aren't launching new models they are releasing new versions, so there is always something gioing on with them giving them publicity, reviews, youtube vlogs, resons to advertise, etc...

And then there is yet another (already mentioned) fact - they are not really working hard to constantly make new models. By now we should have estate Giulia, new Giulietta, Giulietta SUV, and in devepoment should be some decent coupe and E-segment SUV. But from that list they are making only "Fiat 500X ancient platform-based front wheel drive" SUV. Good job Alfa! People pulling strings at the company are a joke to themselves.

Recently I read that after 2021 (or was it 2022?) Ferrari will no longer supply and build engines for Maserati, because Maserati did not extend their contract (like there is any other manufacturer that could supply Maseati with decent V6 and V8 engines). Go figure... What are they planning for the Maserati brand I probably don't even want to now, because it will most likely be utterly pointless and most of all unsuccessful.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome