Alfa Romeo Forum - View Single Post - Giulia Sales in Europe and US...another 159 saga?
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
View Single Post
(Post Link) post #10 of Old 4 Weeks Ago
leraunch
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
I agree with alot of the above but i would also like to add that Alfas timing in the markets has been abysmal, most of their own doing but some things beyond their control. At the height of sales and a huge uptake in PCP contracts (prob around 2010-12 I would say) Alfa discontinued the 159 with no replacement or no other car to upgrade too (still waiting for a 166 replacement) only thing available was new guiliieta and Mito, alot of people moved on. They missed out on the huge SUV upturn in sales/phenomenon by deciding not to go ahead with the Kamal SUV concept shown first in 2003 so missed out here as qashqai/x3/A5 took off. Now with the Stelvio they are too late to the party with stiff competition. Further to this now that Guilias and stelvios are finally here the markets have stalled with diesel and petrol seem to be no longer the choice for consumers with hybrid and electric and people are holding out for this and also Brexit to be resolved.

All in all one big mess to try and negotiate out of, meanwhile they still try and sell the Guilietta and Mito

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome